Sign in to follow this  
Sapience

What will you be playing on October 25th?

What kind of games will you be playing Oct. 25th?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of games will you be playing Oct. 25th?

I will without a doubt be playing Destiny on my Xbox One. Probably wait to start a new character on that day and see how far I can get in the 25 hours! Can't wait!

Oooh, that is a good idea!

EVE Online, Civilization: Beyond Earth, possibly some World of Warcraft, DotA 2, League of Legends, maybe some War Thunder, and I'll probably take some time to play D&D offline with my wife.

I'll be running a straw poll the month before the marathon starts so my viewers can decide which game I'll play. Judging by their previous choices, Minecraft on PC will be the likely choice.

I'll be splitting up the event into 2 or 3 parts this year, but they'll all be Nintendo games. It'll be Mario and Donkey Kong games when it's just me, and when others arrive it'll be more party type games like Wii Sports, Mario Party, etc.

For October 25th, I'll be playing Runescape, Minecraft, Guild Wars 2, and Star Wars: The Old Republic...as of right now. This list may grow or shrink, depending on how well/poor I'm doing in a game lol. I'll also have a few on standby just in case one doesn't work out. :)

PC gamer here. I will most likely be playing Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel since it comes out about a week before Extra Life Starts. However, I could be playing other games too such as Black Ops 2 (a favorite of mine), Gauntlet, Minecraft, Payday 2 and more. I may even take the time to catch up on Walking Dead & The Wolf Among Us. I have a lot of games I've fallen behind of! All I know is I will make excellent use of my time on the 25th!

PC Mostly Playing Sonic and All Star Racing Transformed, Broforce, Fenix Rage, Ultra Street fighter IV and maybe Firefall

KKEnt-Header3.png

I'm still in process of figuring out my full lineup. There will be an indie horror game or two added in, but right now i'm planning on the following....

Bayonetta 2 (Racing with a friend from start to finish)

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Just Dance 2015 (Doing this with a group again. Last year we did MJ The Experience: http://www.twitch.tv/fredex919/c/3185068)

Mario Kart 8

World of Tanks, Borderlands II, Diablo III (PC orXBOX), Hearthstone, SMITE, Mario Kart 8...

We also have lots of older Nintendo games that I would like to try streaming as well. Are there any Nintendo classics that you guys think would be great to stream?

Actually I'd like some input on this. At first I was planning on playing through both seasons of the walking dead (and filling in the rest of the time with some other thing). But I have a few issues. One is that, although I'm not one to be super chatty or anything, I assume that people watch live streams to see you talk, react, whatever. The Walking Dead is the type of game where I prefer to keep my mouth shut (and I prefer others to do the same). So I don't think it lends itself very well toward a live stream.

Instead I figured, since the event is in October, I should play some horror games instead. The problem HERE is that people love to watch live streams of people playing horror games to see them get scared and stuff. I'm not saying I'm super macho or anything, but I happen to love horror games and so my scardiness with them is probably not at the "entertaining" level. There's also the fact that I've played a lot of them, so any viewers I get won't even have the benefit of seeing me play them for the first time. So I'd have trouble actually finding games to play (right now, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is currently the most recent horror game I haven't played yet).

Any advice?

Xbox One, maybe some PC time thrown in, with mobile/tablet during "breaks." Assassin's Creed has been a staple for me every year I've done this event, so it'll likely be where I start. But, since the newest one was postponed, looks like I'll be replaying some Black Flag. Gonna have a couple Madden games, and not sure what I'm finishing up with.....maybe break the 360 back out.

Actually I'd like some input on this. At first I was planning on playing through both seasons of the walking dead (and filling in the rest of the time with some other thing). But I have a few issues. One is that, although I'm not one to be super chatty or anything, I assume that people watch live streams to see you talk, react, whatever. The Walking Dead is the type of game where I prefer to keep my mouth shut (and I prefer others to do the same). So I don't think it lends itself very well toward a live stream.

Instead I figured, since the event is in October, I should play some horror games instead. The problem HERE is that people love to watch live streams of people playing horror games to see them get scared and stuff. I'm not saying I'm super macho or anything, but I happen to love horror games and so my scardiness with them is probably not at the "entertaining" level. There's also the fact that I've played a lot of them, so any viewers I get won't even have the benefit of seeing me play them for the first time. So I'd have trouble actually finding games to play (right now, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs is currently the most recent horror game I haven't played yet).

Any advice?

If you're going for a horror theme, it's all about the presentation. As far as your webcam goes (if you plan to use one) it would be cool to see someone playing completely in the dark with nothing but a candle or two lighting their room... something to get yourself and your viewers in the right mindset. It's no fun to play horror games in the middle of the day with the sun shining brightly. Or maybe save the horror games until night falls.

I plan on doing mine on the Xbox One this year - solely for the built in streaming capability. I wanted to stream last year, but by the time I figured out how I'd do it on the 360, it was too close to the event, and couldn't justify dropping the funds for the equipment.

In any case, I'll likely just leave it at a slough of Xbox One games - I have seemed to amass quite a library already - I find myself buying games with much more regularity than I ever did on the 360. The most likely culprits to end up during my 24 hours will be NHL 15, Watch Dogs, Forza Horizon 2, Destiny (although I still have to purchase the latter two). We'll see if anything else works its way in there - I may set something up where a minimum donation has the donor able to pick a game - that remains to be seen though.

I plan on doing mine on the Xbox One this year - solely for the built in streaming capability. I wanted to stream last year, but by the time I figured out how I'd do it on the 360, it was too close to the event, and couldn't justify dropping the funds for the equipment.

I'm in this same boat. So for a large portion of my stream I will be on Xbox One simply for the ease of streaming. The first few hours I will likely be playing family friendly games with my son (3.5 years old). Then my brother will be over for some diablo 3. I then decided in order to keep myself occupied I would need to break up my day and move around a bit, so I decided to add some board/social games to the mix as well. I stole an idea from someone in the fundraising thread about paying for cheats as well. We will be playing social games for the first part of that segment like Battle of the Sexes and Cards Against Humanity (Viewer discretion advised). Then at about dinner time I will be switching to Battlestar Galactica, which is great because it is A) probably my favorite tabletop game and B) will easily eat 3-5 hours of time for me.

Then like some other posters here I will be switching to a horror theme after dark. My selection will be Outlast. Finally I decided that by this time it will be very VERY difficult to stay awake in the post midnight hours. I am sure like me, the one thing that will keep us up better than anything is a fresh new game. And like many of you, I am going with Civilization: Beyond Earth. I am hoping that will take me to the finish line. If not, like everyone else, the last couple hours will be a mish mash of whatever will keep me going.

8am - 12pm Family games with the boy: Peggle, Minecraft, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood.

12-2 Diablo 3 with my brother

2-6 Social games with a group. Battle of the Sexes, Cards Against Humanity, Quelf, Imaginif. (subject to change)

6-10 Battlestar Galactica

10 - 12 (or however long my anxiety holds out) Outlast.

12-? Civilization: Beyond Earth.

? - 8am Whatever it takes to get me to the finish line.

Mainly PC and time on the pool table.

Probably Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel

Counter Strike

Team Fortress 2

Bioshock infinite (hopefully get around to finishing it)

and other random things in my Steam Library.

All tabletop stuff.

I know we will be doing some HeroQuest (I still have an original copy complete). We want to do some longer thematic games, like Twilight Imperium, Eclipse, Arkham Horror, Mansions of Madness, Elder Sign, Last Night on Earth, Zombicide, or the D&D Adventure system games. We will probably need to mix in some lighter Eurogames, too, like Stone Age, Belfort, Agricola, Puerto Rico, Cuba, or Lords of Waterdeep, too. Then some light dice/card games mixed in to pass the time during breaks.

All tabletop stuff.

I know we will be doing some HeroQuest (I still have an original copy complete).

I saw your test stream for this. I am amazed how beautiful the condition of your game is considering it must be now (I am guessing) 24 years old? The stream was solid, and seeing the game brought back a lot of memories. Very jealous!

I will be playing Minecraft on my computer. I will set a series of challenges to keep my self engaged especially during the late hours of the marathon

Any and everything all systems i got ps3 sega genesis snes nes PC ****ing A!! idk wtf to do with myself im so beside myself!!!:rolleyes:But seriously I plan to be playing a lot of MMO's Lost saga and some S4 League League of Legends of course some SMITE possibly A lot of Borderlands 2 on the ps3 and LP a lot of JRPG i happen to cherish like chrono trigger and xenogears and in the spirit of the upcoming all hallows eve probably so horror stuff original resident evils 4,5,and 6 may find there way in there slendy outlast sonic.exe a bunch more of free indie horror titles most i have not even played yet. fun rom hacks the works man im a first timer and im trying my damnedest to make this stream one for the ages.

http://www.twitch.tv/mabasei:cool:

I found out about this charity recently, and just started a team for some of my clan members to join if they wish. A couple of us have already decided to start new 'toons in the game Destiny on PS4 and see how far we can progress in a 24 hour period. Using the PS4 system, we can Twitch stream directly from the console. This should be a lot of fun! :-)

Lots of PC games. My friend and I wanted to do console games as well but couldn't expense a capture card for (pretty much) just 24 hours worth of use this year. We're running a poll on our site with a large number of our available games, trying to get feedback on what games people would like to see. If you'd like to help us narrow it down, you can help by voting here on our site. We would greatly appreciate it! ;)

Definitely Albion for the PC at least.

This is my first marathon and I have no idea yet whether or not I'll be playing something else, but we'll see!

Going to target consoles between snes-ps2. But I'm really excited for mario tennis and pokemon snap on the n64. ^_^