What will you be playing on October 25th? - Page 2 - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sapience

What will you be playing on October 25th?

What kind of games will you be playing Oct. 25th?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of games will you be playing Oct. 25th?

My team will be playing a bunch of different games this year! Last year there were 6 of us crammed into my tiny little San Francisco apartment, and we had a blast. We played some Borderlands 2, Castle Crashers, and a lot of board games. Mostly Legendary and Betrayal at House on the Hill. Streamed for the most part. Some of us split off and played single player on our laptops, but this year I'm thinking of implementing a rule that if we play on our computers or on my PS4, we have to be playing with someone on the team. This works since we have a few team members outside of the area which can't be in person with us. Part of the fun is the social aspect! So there will be some Destiny, probably some Pre-Sequel, and I'm sure some WoW, but the bigger chunk will be pulling some board games from our massive collection and playing as a group. Betrayal is hilarious to watch when everyone playing is delirious at 3 in the morning.

Here's a preliminary roster of games I'll be playing on 10.25:

XBox One:

Destiny

Titanfall

Killer Instinct

Warframe, Crimson Dragon, and other random "Games With Gold" downloads

Xbox 360:

Titanfall

CoD: Ghosts

PC:

Steam - Guns of Icarus (if I can get it to run w/o crashing), back catalog of titles (CS: Source, Half-Life 2...)

We will be playing a variety of games, but the one we are coordinating with several others is Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. lol

My brothers and I have been playing this since it came out in 2001 and get together a few times a year and battle it out for hours. Last year, during the marathon, one battle between my brother Paul and I lasted four and a half hours.

It's either going to be binging on the new Borderlands (assuming it doesn't get delayed any), cycling through a few F2P MMO titles, or catching up on some old Wii/Gamecube games I've got buried until a layer of dust. We'll see.

Star Wars: The Old Republic on a multitude of characters doing all sorts of things. Raiding, Farming, Dancing from lack of sleep, etc

How about an "other" option? We'll be playing laser tag (and probably some Dota 2 late at night). Making coffee counts as a game, too, right?

I almost put in an "other" option. I was thinking of Laser tag, softball (how cool would a community softball game be?), and a place near me that does a kind of mini-LARP for people who have no idea what LARPing is.

It's either going to be binging on the new Borderlands (assuming it doesn't get delayed any), cycling through a few F2P MMO titles, or catching up on some old Wii/Gamecube games I've got buried until a layer of dust. We'll see.

F2P games make good options. You can try out a lot of them during the stream and cost is 0. I recently grabbed Warframe off Steam (also available on PS4 and XB1). It's a decent FPS (which I suck at) and it's free to boot.

Like many others, I'll be doing my share of Destiny and probably splitting time between PC and PS4. Not to mention the official stream. So I'm definitely not traveling light this October. :)

Xbox 360: Alien: Isolation, Child of Light, and some older Tomb Raider games I've picked up recently

PC: Depression Quest, and anything else free and/or interesting I can find on Steam and Newgrounds :)

i think i will be playing a little of everything. there are some steam games (currently playing tomb raider and walking dead season 2) and last gen console games like demon souls which i still need to clear from my back log, but i will also do multiplayer games like destiny or diablo 3 on ps4 and i still play mario kart 8 on wii u. but i also want to go back old school to some good ol nes games like i was playing zelda II the other day. i will check out some twitch streamers that i follow and may join in with them

I'll be playing Diablo III, Guild Wars 2, MTG (cards, not online). I also might mess around with a few emulators, see what comes up (VBA, SNES).

The only game I know for sure at this point will the new Borderlands. I know my normal gaming group will be playing pen and paper stuff like Iron Kingdoms. And there is a tradition of playing a run through of Castle Crashers every year. Outside of that Ive been collecting all the Free With Gold games offered on the XBOX 360 and cheap indie titles on Steam to play.

We are having a HUGE marathon event for all of Jacksonville, Florida so we will be setting up rooms with ALL the things. Table top room, Rockband, Dance Central, PC, might even be getting some arcade cabinets in there. We are even hoping to set up a kids room, for kids to come join us during the day and play Twister, hula-hoop, four-square...anything you can think of.

I will be playing on my PS4; and it'll be whatever my sponsors tell me to game. For every 25 dollars someone donates; they get to pick what I play for an hour.

I will probably play nothing but Destiny and Murdered on PS4. However, I could switch it up to Lego Harry Potter and Marvel on Xbox 360 at some point.

My team and I have chosen 24 different 4-player games ranging from N64 up to current gen. We will play each game for one hour. We did this last year and it was a lot of fun. This year we even have a couple polls for people to vote on for us to play.

I'll be bouncing around.

Probably a fair amount of Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, and some other stuff. Definitely need to grind out some stubborn achievements on my Xbox too though...

We will have everything at our group event, and I'm in charge so I'll probably be playing the "running around and making sure everything is running smoothly" game. But when I can, I will be all over Rock Band and Fantasia.

This is my team's schedule for this year's Extra Life event.

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]9:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Mario Kart 8[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]10:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Super Smash Bros.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]11:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Tales of Symphonia[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]12:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Viewer's Choice[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]1:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Castle Crashers[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]3:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Dance Game[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Viewer's Choice[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]5:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]6:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Conker's Bad Fur Day[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]7:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Mario Party 2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]8:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Viewer's Choice[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]9:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]TMNT: Turtles in time[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]10:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Fusion Frenzy[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]11:00 PM[/TD]

[TD]Band Game[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]12:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Viewer's Choice[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]1:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Fighting Game[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]2:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Spy vs. Spy[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]3:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Touhou[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]4:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Viewer's Choice[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]5:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Worms 2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]6:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Halo 2[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]7:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]GoldenEye: Rogue Agent[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]8:00 AM[/TD]

[TD]Viewer's Choice[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We have time slots for our viewers to choose what game they want us to play. We have several polls that they can vote on:

Viewer's Choice

Band Games

Dance Games

Fighting Games

This is a really cool idea.

I believe so as well! This will allow our viewers to be more involved with what we are doing other than just donating to the cause.

I will be playing on my PC. Going to go with some good old Battlefield 4, DayZ Mod, DayZ StandAlone, 7 Days to Die, Rust. Maybe some of the new games that come out between then and now.

I will without a doubt be playing Destiny on my Xbox One. Probably wait to start a new character on that day and see how far I can get in the 25 hours! Can't wait!

During the day when I can gather some friends I will be playing board games with a horror theme in celebration of Halloween. At night I'll be playing PS4 games.