World of Warcraft: Legion - General Gaming Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mave

World of Warcraft: Legion

So Blizzard announced their new expansion earlier today. So hyped to see Demon Hunters as the new class. Considering how much of a letdown Warlords of Draenor was, I'm a little hesitant because WoD sounded good when it was announced.

Thoughts?

I was really into WOW when it first came out, played it for years.  Left around 2009 basically because I stopped having fun with it. It felt like it was a huge grind...which it pretty much was.  And it became a huge time sink to invest in one game.  Went back to it earlier this year...it was fun for a while but just winded down back into the grind and the time sync.  I don't think the game is for me.  I like to play a lot of different games and I just don't have the time to put into WOW.

So, I think the new expansion will probably be a lot of the same....grinds and lots of time needed to put into it.

I'm really excited for this expansion. It seems to be the good parts of Burning Crusade and Lich King put together. I was the same way when Warlords launched though. I went into that expansion really looking forward to playing WoW more frequently, but got burned out by the garrisons and follower missions.

Legion seems to be fixing that by getting rid of garrisons and streamlining it into the class quests. Those artifact weapons look awesome by the way.

I'm really curious though as to where they go after this. The Burning Legion invading Azeroth has been the big build up since Blizzard started Warcraft. This has to be one of the last expansions before they launch WoW 2.0. At least, I would think. 

Either way, I'm really excited and can't wait to check it out when it launches. We are not prepared! :)

I haven't seen anything about the new expansion yet but I'll get it. That's kinda what I do lol. I buy the expansion, max-level my toons and then quit. I did really enjoy WoD though. I just couldn't justify paying $15 a month anymore for a bit. I'm gonna have to look up some videos. 

I hope their will still be a physical Collector's Edition Box.  In this day and age that is becoming progressively less and less likely.  Perhaps its for no other reason than I'm an older gamer and back when I was growing up there was nothing like having the latest game you loved/looked forward to in your hot little hands.

More specifically I remember as a child going to Toys'R'Us with my Dad and picking out a game slip from the isle and going to the front to that enclosed office space where the games were ACTUALLY stored.  Man, those were good times... ;0 ;~)

Meee.. ..I won't do it.

o/  ;)