Requesting information from schools - Fundraising Ideas - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Kiwi

Requesting information from schools

Schools are a huge place to find new gamers - the high school that I graduated from has a game programming course, another high school in the district has a robotics club and there are many gamers to find in these types of areas. Universities have dozens of student organizations and fraternities/sororities that are looking for philanthropic opportunities that don't suck. We're hoping to tap these untapped markets and find gamers or even teams to play for Extra Life. 

I've been working with some folks in the Kansas City Guild to contact area schools and I thought I would share some of the things that we're using. I have a template email to send to a Student Affairs center that you can modify and send for more information and a template phone conversation that you can use to call a school for more information.

I'm hoping to post an email template and phone conversation template directed to fraternities and sororities because they get really competitive and if we can set up some frat/soro competition, the biggest winner would be Extra Life. 

Please let me know if there's anything else you want me to draft or if you've had success with talking to area schools!

Student Affairs - Unknown school.gdoc

Phone call to school with no prior contacts.gdoc

This is probably going to sound lame...but do you have these templates in any other format than .gdoc? I don't have Google docs and it won't open on my computer. Any advice on how to make it work besides downloading Google Docs (I'm at work and my personal computer is broken) would be helpful. Thanks!

I didn't know people without Google Docs couldn't open it. I'll re-post it in the forum in pdf form. Thanks for letting me know!

I mean....I could be doing it wrong...but it would download and then nothing would happen when I would try to open it. PDF should work because I should be able to copy and paste the text no problem. Thanks Kiwi!

Thanks Kiwi, much appreciated.  I have been compiling some contact information for schools and Student organizations in my area.  I think colleges can be a huge resource for Extra Life.

I'm so happy I came across this post. I just thought about contacting local high schools to help out and your template is the perfect thing to base my first conversations off of. Thank you! 

• Like 1