Video Gaming World Record in progress - General Extra Life Discussion - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SpaceGhost2K

Video Gaming World Record in progress

I'm Ed, the Pres. of the Extra Life Bakersfield Guild.

One of our members, Carrie Swidecki, is currently attempting to beat her own world record by playing "Just Dance"... for 140 hours.

She is going after three records:

1) Longest marathon for a motion game. She already holds the record at 76 hours.

2) Longest marathon for a dancing game. She already holds that record too, from her last attempt, at 76 hours.

3) Longest video game marathon. Currently 135 hours of Call of Duty (record holder unknown.)

Extra Life worked with her to setup her own page for this attempt that works a little differently than a typical individual or team page. If you donate to her page, it will look at your zip code and apply the money to the CMN hospital closest to the zip code. It will NOT go to her home hospital of Lauren Small Children's Medical Center at Bakersfield Memorial Hospital, unless you just happen to have a zip code that would make that your closest hospital. No, it will go to your OWN hospital.

Here's a link to her fundraising page: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=149553

Here's a link to her Twitch stream so you can follow along: http://www.twitch.tv/extralife4kids

Our Campus Gamers club, who organizes our group Extra Life event each year, will be handling timekeeping duties for Carrie on Tuesday, July 14th from 2 AM until 2 AM the following day.

For those who are curious, it works like this: Every 60 minutes she plays, she gets to "bank" 10 minutes of break time. The way she works is that she will play for 7-8 hours at once, and bank 70-80 minutes. She eats Subway a bite at a time between songs so she doesn't have to use up break time (songs have to run continuously so she has to be ready to start with the next song starts).

Toward the end of 24 hours, she will use 60 minutes of the time for a 1 hour nap.

She has to keep time banked in case of an equipment failure, which has frequently happened to her at about the 17 hour mark (overheating, usually). Her team will swap out the Xbox and she'll hopefully lose minimum time.

Please check it out and share the links with your guilds. I'd appreciate it.

I know a number of Extra Lifers (including myself) are hosting her on Twitch. Rooting for her and dropping by the stream when I can!

I know a number of Extra Lifers (including myself) are hosting her on Twitch. Rooting for her and dropping by the stream when I can!

Yeah I saw several others hosting as well! This is awesome and I hope she has a great turn out. I can never do anything like this! >.<