Sign in to follow this  
Scooter

Your EL Play Day Plans

Just curious what every one is doing on play day. I know there will be a live stream at my place. A bunch of friends coming over too to get PC, console and card games going. So what are you doing?

Edited by Scooter

I usually host for our team. Every year I have to get a couple of the guys together and we run a network in about 3 or 4 rooms using a large sever switch and plenty of CAT5 cables. Then we run an electrical "network" of surge protectors and drop cords to evenly distribute the power load amongst several areas of my house. This prevents my fuse box from going crazy. All this is done the Friday night before.

During the actual event day we will have somewhere around 4-5 PCs and 6-8 XBOX / TV combos going at once. We will also have 2-3 6ft fold out tables being used for table top stuff.

We invite our supporters to drop by and game and have lunch/dinner with us throughout the event as well. Its basically like a big party and in the end we raise a bunch of money for kids in need.

I have already been doing posts and TRYING to do Livestreams but my internet is wonky at the moment and wont be fixed til the 10th. I am game to well game any day but my saturday will be the 25th of October. I am looking to host as well so hopefully it will pan out. I plan to do Livestreaming there and am looking for a large group to do livestreams as well. I dont think I will have enough people but if I had enough I was gonna look at seeing if I could get the Star Room at Best Western donated to us for the event.

Ive often thought about looking into a hotel conference room as well. My fear would be the hotel internet would not be able to handle multiple users at once. In my travels and experience hotel internet is less than good.

It would be amazing to have a spot for maybe half the day or something though. Its a public space and an outlet to get more random people involved without opening your home to strangers (which will never happen).

The team I founded a few years ago is small but we have members from all over the US, so my day is usually pretty mundane 24 hour stream of multiplayer games with the team. We usually come up with a loose list of games that we might play and kind of wing it as we feel like it. It ends up involving a lot of Killing Floor and Sonic & All-Stars Transformed - especially when everyone is around and we need some games that fit more people.

This year I am hoping to devote a little time to some tabletop games!

Friday, October 24:

Journey to Shadow Jago LIVE! Join us as we fight our way up the ladder to Shadow Jago and challenge him live on stream!

Ultra Street Fighter IV Online/Offline MatchesStreet Fighter 3: Third Strike Online/Offline MatchesMortal Kombat 9 Online/Offline MatchesStreet Fighter X Tekken Online/Offline MatchesInjustice: Gods Among Us Online/Offline MatchesSuper Puzzle Fighter II: HD Remix Friday Night HorrorOutlast on PS4.Join us as we play Outlast for the first time on PS4, in the dark!

Saturday, October 25:

Banjo-Kazooie/TooieBattleblock TheaterMario Part 4 and 7Super Smash Bros. MeleeSuper Mario SunshineMetroid PrimeMario Power TennisMario Superstar BaseballRampage: Total DestructionSuper Monkey Ball 2Kirby Air RideSonic HeroesLuigi's Mansion. Sunday, October 26: Re-Announcing Give-a-way WinnersEnd of Stream and Thank YousProposing to Girlfriend

These are pretty much all our plans lol. But hopefully we'll be able to do it all!

Just curious what every one is doing on play day. I know there will be a love stream at my place. A bunch of friends coming over too to get PC, console and card games going. So what are you doing?

You have something set up for a group yet? We need to plan on what games to have ready on PC's as well.

Here is a list of games I have on deck for the event

PC:

Diablo III: ROS, World of Warcraft, Portal 2, Left for Dead 2, Mass Effect, Tomb Raider

*There is going to be 2 hrs where we go through Josh's ridiculous Steam Library and randomly select games and play for 20 minutes each.

Console:

Call of Duty Black Ops, Halo, Titan Fall

Tabletop:

Cards Against Humanity, Munchkin, Fluxx, Hotels, Uno, Phase 10, Ticket to Ride