Sign in to follow this  
Kwickxotic

The great E3 2015 discussion thread

Any thoughts on things debuted at E3? Any systems or games you think "stole the show"?

I was very impressed with Horizon Zero Dawn and Tomb Raider, but I don't own an Xbox One, so I'm kinda bummed about that.

Granted, I didn't see or absorb everything there was to see. Anyone have any links or suggestions?

For me personally the FF7 remake was big news for me. I spent many hours watching my brother play most of the others. They were games I grew up on and that one was the first one I completed on my own. So there is a lot of nostalgia there for me.

Also, seeing Triforce Heroes made me just buy a 3DS. Me and two other friends were watching the stream at the same time and we were like "YES!".

The blog had a great rundown -

http://blog.extra-life.org/2015/06/e3-2015-nintendos-press-conference.html

http://blog.extra-life.org/2015/06/e3-2015-microsofts-press-conference.html

http://blog.extra-life.org/2015/06/e3-2015-playstations-press-conference.html

Also, seeing Triforce Heroes made me just buy a 3DS. Me and two other friends were watching the stream at the same time and we were like "YES!".

I demoed it at Best Buy during a Super Mario World Maker event, and it was a blast. It was the first multiplayer game for 3DS I would really see myself playing often.

As for the Final Fantasy VII remake...man I've never seen such fervor. :)

I can't easily explain how excited I am by the Bethesda showcase. I have 3 post on a blog about it. (@ yugari.com).

Short version is I'm really excited by Fallout 4. I have been waiting for this since the first rumors it was going to take place in Boston. It looks really beautiful (great improvement in graphics). And seeing things pre-the War will be fun.

I'm also really interested in Dishonored 2. So far there was only a teaser trailer. But I hope to see more soon.

Sadly, neither Last Guardian, FFVII remake, Shenmue III nor Uncharted 4 will be out this year, but many still claimed Sony stole the show.

MS exclusives Halo 5, Forza 6, Gears Remaster and Rise of the Tomb Raider will all be out this year.

Star Fox looked awesome but I don't know what it's release date is expected to be.

Multiplatform games For Honor, Persona 5, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Star Wars Battlefront, Call of Duty Black Ops 2, will all make it this year.

For me, it's Rock Band 4, Oct. 6th.

There were two other games that dropped my jaw.

Beyond Eyes is from the point of view of a 10 year old blind girl and what she imagines is happening based upon what she hears, feels and smells.

Tacoma showed a girl gaining access to a room by using ASL as a password. If they pull that off it will change everything. Tacoma could literally teach its players ASL over the course of the game. Imaging starting a game and speaking another language by the time it's over. Crazy.