SteveMathis

Introductions

Hey everybody!

To keep the number of posts down, let's use this thread for new and returning player introductions. Tell us a little about yourself, and how you came to get involved with ExtraLife. We'd love to know what you're playing, and if you're streaming feel free to link your stream and share any tips you have. If you're looking to get more involved with the Philadelphia Guild, keep your eye out for meeting date/time announcements.

Edited by SteveMathis
  • Like 1

Hey guys. You may know me on Facebook as Rachelle Boggess. I've been part of that group for a short while now. I learned about Extra Life through my gaming friends. I've donated the last couple of years, but I wanted to get more involved this year. It's been great getting to know bits & pieces about you all & I look forward to the day I do actually get to meet you. I work a full time job & extra hours quite a bit so it will be nice to take the time to play games liked I used to! I doubt I'll be able to do it all in one go, but I'm going to try..lol. I work in NJ, so my local children's hospital is The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I know a few friends & family members who have been cared for there so it means a lot to me that I can try to help raise money for it. You can find me on extra life as Rachelle Boggess (Araielle), on twitter @legamejunkie, on player.me as Araielle (pm me if you need an invite as it's in private beta), twitch & hitbox are both Araielle & of course on facebook as Rachelle Boggess. I've recently been getting the hang of streaming so I will be ready for the event. :)

Edited by Araielle

Hey all,

I am David Whelan aka Tiny. I am the large gentleman in the middle of the picture at the top of the Philly Guild page. I have been involved with Extra Life since 2008 and if you happened to stop by one of our booths at Philadelphia Comic Con or Too Many Games, our presentation at the Great Allentown ComicCon or the PhillyGameDev Night, then there is a good chance you met me or heard me ranting about some nerdy stuff. Besides Extra Life, I am a cohost of the GameEnthus podcast, which we will be celebrating out 200th episode in the coming month. In my day job, I am work in I.T. Security and by night I can be found gaming or tinkering, or working because I am a night owl.

Anyway, you can find me on Twitter/XBL/PSN @Tiny415.

Greetings all,

I go by EventStatus online (name hidden due to privacy) and I’ve played games and lived in Philadelphia all my life. I’m an avid con-goer, Tournament participator and long time Arcade rat. I heard of Extra Life through the Youtube grapevine from my established fanbase. Within all the bad press Gaming gets for various reasons, its rare positive press is highlighted for causes involved with Gaming.

I’m hoping to help change that stigma, as we know Gaming’s popularity serge over the years, can also be used as a powerful ally.

BJWyler here. I've been gaming on the PC since there have been games on the PC! This is my second year participating in the Extra Life event (I was a part of Team Trion last year), and am looking forward to raising even more money for the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia this year.

I will be livestreaming the event on my Twitch channel:

http://www.twitch.tv/realmillenniumgroup

Suppose I should introduce myself as well.

My name is Chris and I'm originally from South Jersey, but currently live and work in Pennsylvania. You might have met me at TooManyGames or Allentown Comic-Con as well, a short and fat geek that looks like he stepped outside of a film stereotype of gaming nerd. Been playing games since I was a kid and learned to draw by imitating the various illustrations found within game manuals and Nintendo Power. I currently write about games on my blog, for GamersWithJobs.com, and host a podcast and analytical YouTube series, all of which are linked in my sig.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to see some of you at our meeting Wednesday night.

My name is Albert Hong and I am a student at Temple University. I'm also a writer for our school paper, The Temple News in which I write a column called "Geeking Out". As you can probably already tell, I like writing about the local geek/nerd/games/tech scene in Philadelphia.

I have plans on writing an article on the Extra Life event coming up and while my main goal is to write about the event as a whole, I would definitely like to have a local focus on it.

I was browsing through these forums and I found out about the Extra Life Philadelphia Guild. I also just found out about Steve's video being selected as the official promo for the event. Awesome job!

So, I was wondering if I could get in touch with some of the organizers of the group and anyone else here that's taking part. I'd love to be able to talk over the phone too.

Thanks for the time!

- Albert Hong

albert.hong@temple.edu

Hey everyone,

Just joined the group. This will be my first event for Extra-Life and I'm focusing my fundraising for the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I have 3 healthy kids but want to help somehow, with getting other children healthy and back home to their families.

Currently planning to play Destiny on the PS4 for most of the event but will eventually switch to PC gaming, with Dota2, DayZ and/or Minecraft. If you think you'll be playing any of those games, I'd be more than happy to meet you online, to support each other in our day of gaming for this very worthy cause.

Hope to be more active with this organization even after the event and hope to communicate with you guys and hopefully make a meeting or two soon.

Gabe C - NJ

Hey guys,

My name is Gabe and I live in central NJ. Found this site just by browsing the guild's page and was hoping to connect with some people.

I'm setup to do the 24-hour event this Saturday and my game of choice will be Destiny on the PS4. I'll likely switch over to PC gaming during the day, playing a little bit of Minecraft, DayZ and Dota2.

I'd like to get more involved with this organization and its efforts to raise money for C.H.O.P. and if anyone is playing any of the above games, I'd love to possibly meet you online in them, so we can further support each other.

Gabe C

Hey Everyone.

My name is Tyler and I'm from West Chester, PA. I participated in Extra Life 2010 and Extra Life 2014. I've been playing games all my life and I was glad that I was able to use that for something good.

In 2014 I was able to raise $1412 for CHOP due to the generosity of an anonymous donor and now I am very excited for 2015 to see if I can raise more.

I'm mostly a PC gamer these days so if anyone wants to friend me on Steam my ID is themaster1067.

Thanks!

Hi. My name is Lee Forman and I live in South Jersey 15 minutes from Philly. I have never done anything with extra life besides donate but would love to get on the better side of involvement. The Passing of an internet hero/celebrity has made me want to look future inside myself to see what I can do to better myself and the world.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Joseph Cavanaugh. I am knew to the guild, but I participated in the Extra Life charity last year after learning about it from PlayStation LifeStyle. My wife's younger sister was diagnosed with a childhood cancer at CHOP, so my priorities as a gamer and as a brother both led me to try and give back. I am currently playing Rogue Legacy (Vita), The Order: 1886 (PS4), and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS). For last year's event, I streamed The Evil Within for most of my marathon. Since I had friends over for an Extra Life party, the rest of my time was spent playing some tabletop games that were completely new to me.

I will look forward to dedicating a considerable amount of time to the guild this year. My current work schedule is 7 days on / 7 days off schedule, so I am typically available to attend any event if it happens to fall on my week off from work.

Hello there - I moved to the Philly area a couple of years ago, and have more recently moved to the Phoenixville area, so Philly remains my closest major city. I knew about Extra Life in the back of my mind somewhere, but decided that I want to be more involved. I've never hosted or even attended an Extra Life event, but I want to do the second and might be open to doing the first.

Gamewise right now I'm playing GTA4 and just finished Bioshock Infinite and Red Dead Redemption on 360. I also run a regular Pathfinder tabletop game and an occasional Torchbearer or Fate Core game over G+ Hangout.

I'm not sure what else to say here, so that'll be it for now. Hi!

Hi everyone! I live just outside Philadelphia, and I'm raising money for the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia for Extra Life 2015. It's my first Extra Life event, and I'm really excited!

I'll be streaming every Wednesday night to raise money for my fundraising goal on twitch.tv/IntlCron. I play everything from current releases to classics - this past Saturday I completed every level in Super Mario World in four hours on stream.

This week's livestream will be tomorrow night - I'll be playing XCOM: Enemy Unknown/Within, and donators can rename my soldiers and direct my playthrough's development.

I hope to see you all there, and I look forward to raising money for this awesome cause with all of you!

Hey everyone!

My name is Andrew and I am also new to the guild this year, however this will be my second time participating in Extra Life. I heard about Extra Life through RoosterTeeth on YouTube and wanted to get involved. I live in King of Prussia, PA and currently I am in between jobs. I play a huge array of games from Nintendo and PS4 to PC to tabletop games like Pathfinder. I am avid con goer. I am currently playing through Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U and Telltales: Game of Thrones. I dabble with some Heroes of the Storms on PC as well. I am hoping to get more involved with the group this year and I am hoping for some meet ups. This year for the 24 hour stream I am not sure what I will be playing. It all depends on if there are any new games that tickle my fancy this year (shout out to Star Wars Battlefront and Tom Clancy's The Division). Anyways feel free to PM me, and I will try to visit more frequently.

Have a great day everyone!

Hey there everybody! My name is Scott, I live in Southampton (in Bucks county outside of Philadelphia) and I also graduated from Temple last December. Currently I work two part time retail jobs and I basically stream every chance I get now. I'm new to this whole Extra Life thing but I heard about it last year and knew I wanted to be a part of it. Consoles I own/stream include PS4, PS3, Wii U, Wii and my N64. Besides the official game day I am also planning on doing a DK64 run, which will begin on July 11th at about 8pm. I'm excited to be a part of this and I can't wait to see, meet, work, game, etc with you guys in the future!

Hey everyone,

My name is Adam. I am new to guilds and im looking to learn and get more involved with them. I have been apart of Extra Life since 2011, I have donated here and there between those years. Last year I was apart of the TooManyGames Extra Life team for the 24 hour gaming marathon they had at the end of the year. It was held at the Greater Philadelphia Expo center. I participated in the event playing 21 hours of Halo Reach and the total that was raised throughout the night and up until noon the next day was $475.00. It was my first Extra Life event and I had an awesome time doing it. I created a team for the 2015 year, it was suppose to consist of a lot of my friends that were interested in joining up and helping a great cause but unfortunately it didnt work out that way i am still recruiting. I am looking to get more involed in the guild of Philadelphia weather its with my current team or with another I definitely want to do so much more.

My facebook is www.facebook.com/adamcrean

And my twitter is @WhiteDragon620

Definitely keep me posted about any meetings or events that would be great, thanks.

Man it has been a little while since I last posted in here.

Hey all, glad to have you all on board. We are currently working on putting together our volunteer schedule for Too Many Games (Adam you are familiar with that event) and exploring having a booth at the Zelda Symphony of the Goddess concert coming up at the Mann in September.

If you have any other ideas for events, not even necessarily gaming or nerd related, please feel free to share in the events thread. Philly Guild is currently rocking 3rd place for total signs up this year, but with your help I am sure we can reach 1st.

Hello! New member here! Joined at TooManyGames. Live in Exton, work in Malvern. Went to college at Shippensburg and originally from Bloomsburg. Always wanted to join in and now I finally did! I play a lot of RPGs, some FPS here or there, and lots of Dota2. HOWEVER, for Extra Life this year I really wanted to make it an analog gaming time with friends, so I'm planning on streaming our card games, board games, Mafia, and probably video games when the excitement is low.

Stream is here -> streeeeaaaammmmm

Great to meet everyone!

Hi everyone! 2nd year Extra Lifer. You may call me rek1aimer (reklaimer was taken when I signed up for XBL:) ) - I live in Allentown, PA. I've got a pretty busy life but my longest and most pleasurable hobby is gaming. It started with Super Mario Bros and worked its way up to Destiny, Halo, and Battlefield. I mainly play FPS games but I have been getting into the RPG and MMO game types when I have time. I typically game on PC and Xbox. I learned about Extra Life last year and I really became a big supporter of the idea. What could be better than gaming for long periods of time and helping out kids?

Last year I arranged a team of gamers, 2XP Gaming, to do our first Extra Life and we raised about $1,800! This year, we want to raise $2,000+. We had a lot of fun doing this last year and I know we will this year. While I've never been afflicted by injury or major illness as a child, I know several who have. I do this because I want all the kids out there to have a fighting chance. If I can help raise money to do that, then I feel like my friends and I are making a difference.

As a FYI - my stream is twitch.tv/rek1aimer and the team streams at twitch.tv/2xpgaming - We are doing our 24 hour stream on 11/7 at Devnuts in Philly this year. Can't wait! See you on the forums!

I will be going to the Symphony of the Goddess so I will definitely swing by the booth if you guys go! I would love to meet some of you in person. I am pumped for this year guys. Last year I raised about 350. This year I will try to double that! I will be streaming at twitch.tv/lordofthegales. Swing by whenever you want. I have just started streaming when I can, usually like once a week and I am currently playing through Tomb Raider.

Hi All,

First timer here...so please be gentle ;)...  long-time gamer and game maker living out NW of the city.  I learned about the whole thing on a freelance gig. I had a client that needed a team shirt made, so I did it for next to nothing.  I then said F it, I want in on this too, so here I am.  I am mainly on XBL playing Destiny 24-7, but Halo 5 is right around the corner - so there's that.  I also like blowing out the old cartridges and playing some NES :)  When Im not playing games I am a stay-at-home freelancer dad of 4... I make arts and stuffs for anyone that needs me.

I am really looking forward to this event!  I will most likely be playing Destiny (or Halo 5) and I will try and have my twitch set up by then,

TTYL,

Chris

twitter: @creativewalsh

• Like 1

Hi everyone my name is steph and I've been gaming since I have a memory.  I always wanted to use my gaming skills to help people.  I recently lost my godfather to cancer and it's a horrible disease.  If I can game to help a child not go through the pain he went through,  count me in!  I live in Central Jersey but I often go to cons and cosplay.  If there's any evens around the jersey area,  I can always help out. 

• Like 2