Introduction/Welcomes - Baltimore, MD - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ben.Trently

Introduction/Welcomes

Hello Everyone, and Welcome to the Baltimore Guild Forum Page.

First of all I would like to thank everyone here for participating in Extra Life this year again, or if you are new for the first time!

Secondly this is a place for people playing/living in the Baltimore Area to communicate and get to know fellow Extra Lifers in their community.

Now a little about me. I am Benjamin the Baltimore Guilds Secretary and Social Media Lead. I will probably be monitoring most of the Baltimore Forum stuff, as well as some other people from the Baltimore Guild (Who I will get to post in here eventually so you can meet them). I have been participating in Extra Life for 1 year, so this will be my second so I am still fairly new to this whole charity, but gaming is a passion of mine (as it is probably of many of yours as well) and this charity was something where I was able to do something I do in my free time to be able to give back and make a difference in my community.

Some Gaming History: I have been playing games since the N64 days (I wasn't lucky enough to experience the SNES, Atari or any of the great systems) but have been gaming throughout my life. At some point in my life I have owned almost all of the new consoles that came out, even multiple copies of the Nintendo Wii, and Xbox 360's. Later on I got into computer gaming, and eventually built my own PC last year that runs like a charm. I have dabbled in tabletop games, but soon realized it really isn't my thing (Not really good at the whole strategy stuff, I'm more of an all in kinda guy. Go Ham or Go Home). Over the past 2 years with console and PC gaming I have gotten into streaming on twitch.tv. I love being able to bring entertainment to all types of people (even if it does involve me dancing to Just Dance 2014). I wouldn't say I'm a wiz at streaming or streaming software, but i know some of the ins and outs. If anyone is looking to start streaming don't be hesitant to ask (we even have a streaming forum page :o).

Anyways that is some stuff about me. Hoping to hear from other Baltimore Extra Lifers, and remember Its all For The Kids!

FTK2014

Hey all,

I'm Brandon from the B-more guild as well and this will be my 4th year participating in extra-life! I'm mostly into video games(xbox 360 currently), card games, and board games. Contrary to Ben here I LOVE strategy based games and games where i can generally be sneaky sneaky. I'm big into magic the gathering(both on the 360 and in real life) I actually have a slight obsession with building/creating decks.(i'm always coming up with new deck ideas that i want to play) generally i just love chillin with friends and gaming. that's all for now.

I see my Guild doesn't have enough WORK to do....

Hello all! I'm Robert Allen, the president (and Old Man) of the Extra Life Baltimore Guild. This is my fourth year of playing for EXTRA LIFE and I'm really pleased to see the forums are here.

I am mostly a miniatures gamer - while I DO play PC games, and I own an Xbox 360 (which is rapidly becoming a dust magnet) my first gaming love is all things miniatures - Warhammer, Warmachine, Dark Age, Dropzone Commander, Flames of War - if it has miniatures, I'm probably playing it.

If you have ANY interest in joining the Extra Life Baltimore Guild, please speak up! Our mission is to help raise money and awareness for the Johns Hopkins Childrens Center, but our GOAL is to have fun with it. And judging from our events so far, I'd say we're rocking the house.

--Robert

Hello Baltimore Extra Lifers.

My name is Heath and this is also my 4th year doing Extra Life. It was great meeting some of you at Hopkins earlier in the year. Unfortunately, I do not use facebook and I'm sure I missed out on some news from the Baltimore Guild. Hopefully I can catch up on some stuff thanks to these awesome forums!!!

As far as gaming for me, if I'm not on a pool table, most of my gaming is done on PC. I do play on Xbox 360 on occasion, but it hasnt been often recently.

Hope to see some of you in game this year!

Hello Baltimore Extra Lifers.

My name is Heath and this is also my 4th year doing Extra Life. It was great meeting some of you at Hopkins earlier in the year. Unfortunately, I do not use facebook and I'm sure I missed out on some news from the Baltimore Guild. Hopefully I can catch up on some stuff thanks to these awesome forums!!!

As far as gaming for me, if I'm not on a pool table, most of my gaming is done on PC. I do play on Xbox 360 on occasion, but it hasnt been often recently.

Hope to see some of you in game this year!

Hey Heath, we are currently in planning for some stuff coming up. Day of Play with the kids at the hospital and other things to promote the Baltimore Guild. I have also mentioned on October 25th for the marathon an idea if everyone would like to get together, and have a little party while the marathon goes on. If I get a lot of people wanting to do it. I can make it happen. But as of right now, its just an idea and in planning stages. I will make sure to keep you updated on everything that is going to be planned from now till the event. Also, if you are not on a team yet, you can always join Hopkins Heroes. :D

Hey Heath, we are currently in planning for some stuff coming up. Day of Play with the kids at the hospital and other things to promote the Baltimore Guild. I have also mentioned on October 25th for the marathon an idea if everyone would like to get together, and have a little party while the marathon goes on. If I get a lot of people wanting to do it. I can make it happen. But as of right now, its just an idea and in planning stages. I will make sure to keep you updated on everything that is going to be planned from now till the event. Also, if you are not on a team yet, you can always join Hopkins Heroes. :D

Hey Ben!

I'm definitely interested in everything the Baltimore Guild is doing, I just missed out on a lot due to the lack of facebook. I'm down for the Day of Play with the kids and for a party during the marathon if there ends up being one.

So glad we have this forum now. I have never did the team thing before, but I dont think there is a reason not too. Gonna join Hopkins Heroes.

Hey all, my name is Jeremy and I am actually a member of the San Antonio group. The obvious question here is, "Cool... so why are you posting here?" Well let me tell you. It turns out I will be up in the Columbia, MD area for about 5 months. So I am looking to find out what events might be going on with your group so I can try and make it out to them.

I'm a long time video gamer, but as I will be living in a hotel I won't have much with me as far as that goes. What I will have is Board Games. I plan on bringing a handful, but I will most likely be purchasing more while I am up there. Please message me or e-mail me with any information about the group as I'd be happy to come out to anything you guys have going on.

Mordus_rantule@hotmail.com

Hey all, my name is Jeremy and I am actually a member of the San Antonio group. The obvious question here is, "Cool... so why are you posting here?" Well let me tell you. It turns out I will be up in the Columbia, MD area for about 5 months. So I am looking to find out what events might be going on with your group so I can try and make it out to them.

I'm a long time video gamer, but as I will be living in a hotel I won't have much with me as far as that goes. What I will have is Board Games. I plan on bringing a handful, but I will most likely be purchasing more while I am up there. Please message me or e-mail me with any information about the group as I'd be happy to come out to anything you guys have going on.

Mordus_rantule@hotmail.com

Hi Jeremy, glad to meet you (impersonally since its online over forums) We are planning a lot of stuff in the next coming month or so. Just waiting to hear back from out hospital contacts with the specific details. We would love to have you involved with what we are doing. If you have any questions or anything feel free to post here or shoot me a message. I'll update this forum with more information as I get it.

Btrently@stevenson.edu

Hi everyone,

My name is T.J. and I hail from the land of Belcamp, MD, in Harford County. On the Day of Play, I'll be leading a team of seven guys from 10am to 10am playing a variety of console, PC, and even table top gaming. We call ourselves "Gamers Halloween" because every year I throw a large video game themed halloween party, complete with gaming stations scattered around my house. This is actually the first year we've turned the event into a benefit for Extra-Life. Our team page is at http://gamershalloween.com

Most of us are from the Maryland area, but one of us is dialing in from Lebanon, TN and another from Boston, MA. We'll also be streaming to Twitch during the event, for anyone that would like to check us out:

T.J. Kirchner: http;//twitch.tv/KnightOfShaddai (MWF 10:30pm-12:30am EST)

Ric Perry: http://twitch.tv/ToadSparx

Ryan Seguin: http://twitch.tv/Kerish42

On a personal note, I'm a young 31, married to a wonderful wife for 3 years, and I have a cute 15 month-old daughter by the name of Rose. I've been gaming since the NES/Genesis days, so I like to play the cult-classics of Mario, Sonic, Mega-Man, Zelda, Earthbound, Samus, and the like, as well as some of the newer titles like Portal, BioShock, Call of Duty, Persona, Infamous, etc. Since its Halloween, I'll be pulling games from my horror collection (one of my favorite) and playing games like Fatal Frame, Outlast, Alien, Zelda: Majora's Mask, and others. Recently I've been playing Last of Us: Remastered and streaming it to twitch late at night.

Its great to be working with you guys to help some sick kids in need!

~ TJ

Hey Everyone

My name is Joel Miller and I'm a 1st year "Extra-Lifer". (this is also the 1st time using a forum site...yes I'm a newb) I'm just trying to get a feel for what the local community is doing in this event. I live in the Annapolis area.

Would love to find out about what guild events are going on and I'm very interested in a "Day Of Play" with the kids from the hospital.

Information about me. I'm 27 years old. A causal gamer. I just purchased a PS4 so I've been spending a lot of time playing that. My fundraising efforts; I'm holding a baked sale (one thing my girlfriend and I love to do). I also buy and resale snacks at my family business which surprisingly a huge money maker. Also I have contacted the local Chick Fila in Edgewater MD to hold a spirit night.

If anyone has suggestions or more information that you could give me that would be great. Thanks - Joel

Extra-life2014

FTK

Hey Folks,

So I know I am late to the party on this, but I am Bruce Voge the moderator of The Party Gamecast featuring the Party Game Cast, and this is our first year playing for kids. We ran an event at the Board and Brew in College Park, MD on October 25, 2013 and as a team raised just under $3000.00. We are proud to announce that our team has a Gold and two Silver Medalists for this year (which might become 2 golds and a silver if the expected donations come through). We just wanted to thank everyone for being a part or this, and we hope to try another live event next year.

Thanks,

Bruce H. Voge III

The Party Gamecast featuring the Party Game Cast

Hey everyone,

My name is Jarod, and I stumbled across the ExtraLife community and am extremely interested in becoming a member of the Baltimore Guild.  My wife and I live in Columbia and are looking to become positive members of a few more groups, and we can't think of a better cause than to support kids, which we hope to have one day.

A little bit about me, I have been a gamer since I had an Atari as a kid, and continue to play to this day.  I currently play most of my games on the Xbox One (Gamertag: Perkionemesis) and enjoy a vast majority of game genres.  In addition, I am getting into Warhammer 40k and like playing the smaller games for that series on my iPad or iPhone.  I noticed that the July Guild meeting just happened last weekend, so I'm hoping to attend next month and get to know members of the Guild.

Best regards,

Jarod