Can I get you to RSVP if you're going to attend our guild meeting this month? (401 Games - 518 Yonge St. Toronto)
We'll likely stick around to play some boardgames afterwards:)
We're trying to coordinate getting a laptop/camera so that we can skype people in if you can't physically join us.
Please come back to this post and I'll update the call-in details once they've been nailed down.
Again, here are some of the things that we are going to address:
- Fan Expo 2016 - Managed to get lucky and finally got a hold of them. In fact, I am literally on hold with them on the phone right now as I type this out. We are going to start asking for volunteers now and we need a lot willing helpers for this weekend. Especially since the event runs from September 1-4. That includes the set up and tear down, so we'll need extra volunteers for August 31st and late evening for September 4th. Think of it this way, you get first dibs before the actual convention-ers on the 31st and you can demand a steep discount when all the convention-ers leave on the last day. We'd also like to discuss the ideas that we have for the event, and what you would like seen/done at the booth to increase our cool factor.
- Your current location - There are a lot of you spread out around the GTA area and we know it is difficult for everyone to be meeting downtown all the time. Please let us know what part of the GTA is the most convenient for you. This way we know how to spread our meetings around and also what events are more accessible for you.
- Swag, swag, swag - We have been planning some epic Extra Life swag. We're looking into some shirts, buttons, and lanyards for the near future. Erin has also wrangled the other Guilds together to try and get customized Extra Life dice. We would also love to hear from you as to what we can also try to put together for our Extra Life members for their own personal keepsakes and what we can come up with to hand out to the public.
- Celebration Square at Mississauga - So far we are still discussing Extra Life's involvement at whatever events Mississauga would like to hold for its community. We were invited alongside Microsoft, so be sure to be extra nice to the guys at the Microsoft Square One store since they're the ones who got us in If you happen to live in the Mississauga area, or tend to enjoy events there, please let us know or give us a heads up at the meeting.
- Nintendo Summer Tour & N.A. League of Legends Championship Finals - Both of these events are awesome opportunities to show off Extra Life, and make some connections. Thanks to @mnra for giving us the heads up. Unfortunately, getting a hold of both of these guys has turned out to be a nightmare. The LCS crew for League of Legends especially. If anyone has any insight as to how we can knock on their door, please let us know!
- September - We have a several Extra Life specific events that are being planned for September. These are not volunteer events, so don't worry about us working you to the bone. However, these are pretty important events/meetings that leads up to our marathon and we would love to discuss them with whoever shows at the upcoming meeting. More importantly, they're going to be crazy fun!
So as you can see we have a lot to cover, but at least we have an idea as to how the next couple of months are going to look. We are also trying to guess-timate the number of people that would like to participate in the collective Toronto marathon come November. We have some locations planned, but it comes down to how many people want to attend and how much can we pool into the space so that we don't starve everyone to death.
Hope to see some of you on the 21st! Please come share your ideas or your questions for us! Once we've had the meeting, we'll reveal our Fan Expo strategy, the September events and maybe even the Extra Life dice on this forum the Friday after.