3rd Annual Save State One Game-a-Thon For Extra Life
November 7th to 8th, 9 AM – 9 AM
Algonquin College, P305
Since 2008, thousands of people from the gaming community have pledged to play games to help save the lives of sick and injured kids through Extra Life – an international gaming event in support of Children's Miracle Network Hopsitals. The Children's Hopsital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO), Ottawa's local CMN Hospital, treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their families ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few. Last year, Extra Life raised more than 5 million dollars to save kids, but in 2015 our goals, just like the needs of the kids we serve, are much, much higher. Join Save State One and Extra Life in raising money for CHEO, and then come to Algonquin College for a 24-hour gaming marathon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring my own gaming equipment?
- This is a B.Y.O.C. (bring your own computer/console) event, with limited space available at multiplayer console stations for freeplay and tournaments. Any additional equipment that you require for the marathon is your responsibility to bring and look after. This includes, but isn't limited to, computers, consoles, TV/Monitor, keyboard, mouse, and ethernet cables.
How early can I arrive to setup?
- Doors will open to participants at 8:30AM on November 7th for station setup. This should allow ample time for computers and consoles to be up and running for the gaming to commence at 9 AM.
Where can I park?
- Whether you're parking for the duration of the event, or just looking to park while you unload your equipment, please park in Lot 8 (Red) or Lot 9 (Green). These Lots are free for the weekend, and located directly across from P Building. Please note that other parking lots are pay and display.
Do I need to raise money to attend?
- As this is a fundraising event for the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario, we ask that all participants help raise funds to the best of their ability. Everybody already registered for Extra Life, or looking to sign up, can join the Save State One team to have their amounts added to the team total. Anybody who wishes to attend without fundraising in advance will be encouraged to make a donation of $10 or more by cash or cheque at the door. Donations can also be done online through paypal or credit card. However, no person shall be turned away for lack of funds.
Will there be Internet?
- There will be wifi internet available for use, provided by Algonquin College. There will also be limited ports available for ethernet cable connections.
Will there be food or drink available for purchase?
- There will be no food or drinks available for purchase at the event itself, but there are lots of options nearby – McDonald's, Subway, and Tim Horton's are within walking distance, while Pizza Pizza, Domino's, and Mr Mozzarella all deliver to campus.
Can I bring my own snacks/drinks?
- Yes, you are encouraged to bring your own snacks! We do ask that all outside food be PEANUT AND NUT FREE. We will have gamers present who have severe nut allergies, and this rule is in place for their safety and comfort.