The Best Games Period - Episode 15 - Portal vs. Portal 2 - Podcast - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

The Best Games Period - Episode 15 - Portal vs. Portal 2

Jack Gardner

image1-bestgamesperiod970.jpg.1868f70279

For our fifteenth episode, we thought we would do something a little different and tackle two of Valve's incredible games at once. Made several years apart by completely different teams while using the same, iconic gameplay mechanic, which is the better masterpiece: Portal or Portal 2? We devote our first versus episode to this argument for the ages.

Each week we will be tackling a video game, old or new, that at least one of us believes deserves to stand as one of the greatest games of all time. We'll dive into its history, development, and gameplay, while trying to argue for or against the game of the week. Sometimes we will be in harmonious agreement, other times we might be fighting a bitter battle to the very end. However each episode shakes out, we hope that everyone who listens will find the show entertaining and informative.

You can download or listen to the podcast over on Soundcloud, our hosting site, and iTunes. A YouTube version is (sometimes) available as well (when our channel is not fighting off copyright strikes from YouTube's automated copyright system that doesn't know how to discern fair use #WTFU), so you can watch what we are talking about while we talk about it! You can also follow the show on Twitter: @BestGamesPeriod

Outro music: Outro music: Portal 'Still Alive (Featuring Sara Quin)' by Jonathan Coulton and Sara Quin (http://www.jonathancoulton.com/store/downloads/)

New episodes of The Best Games Period will be released every Monday

• Like 1
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As much as I love the original over the second one, I'm going to have to stick with Portal 2. More story, Cave Johnson, infuriating puzzles and frantic portal blasting with a butt-ton of sailing through the air majestically like an eagle... piloting a blimp.

• Like 1

Share this comment

2 hours ago, cptjecht said:

+1 for the post outro funnies

That is something I'll probably edit in a bit more in the future!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Portal 2 inspires me and ruins me for non-couch co-op. Not that I ever cooperated with anyone who ever played with me, I am one daft robot. 

• Like 1

Share this comment