This War of Mine Gets First Expansion in Its Stories Series - Gaming News - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

This War of Mine Gets First Expansion in Its Stories Series

Jack Gardner

TWoM1-970.jpg

Just three years ago, This War of Mine released on PC to relate the experience of civilians struggling to survive in the midst of war. The indie game developed by 11 bit studios has continued to receive support over the years in the form of translations and expansions. However, 11 bit has undertaken a new effort to bring life back to their dramatic survival title.

The initiative, called This War of Mine Stories, aims to bring a number of narrative adventures to life. Father's Promise will be the first of these DLC expansions. It uses the framework of This War of Mine to weave the compelling tale of Adam, a man trying to protect his daughter and escape from their war-torn city. 

11 bit studios based Father's Promise on an audio-drama by author Łukasz Orbitowski. Orbitowski has won awards for his literary accomplishments and has been hailed as "a Polish Steven King." It is unclear whether future Stories DLC will also be based on Orbitowski's work or if they will draw from other sources of inspiration. 

Father's Promise is available now for $1.99 or can be obtained by purchasing a season pass for all This War of Mine Stories for $4.99.

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.