As March began and no word came from Sony as to what the free PlayStation Plus games for the month would be, many began to worry. As the days stretched on, worry moved into more conspiratorial territory. Maybe Sony was cancelling the free games program. Maybe this was a test for a future cancellation, testing the waters of public opinion. Soon, apocalyptic doomsday scenarios were being espoused on Twitter and things looked grim indeed.
It turns out that Sony was just a little late with the announcement to PS Plus subscribers this month. The games that will be available later today when the PlayStation store updates are as follows:
- Oddworld: Abe's Oddyssey - New 'n' Tasty! (PS4)
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)
- Papo y Yo (PS3)
- Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (PS3)
- OlliOlli 2: Welcome to Olliwood (PS Vita and PS4)
- CounterSpy (PS Vita, PS3, and PS4)
Go forth and game confidently knowing that the world hasn't fallen apart and that PlayStation is still giving out free games like they are candy.