Natsume Bringing River City: Tokyo Rumble Westward - Gaming News - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Natsume Bringing River City: Tokyo Rumble Westward

Jack Gardner

57193b3082a31_30thAnniversaryLogo-970.jp

In partnership with Arc System Works, the owners of the River City franchise, Natsume has announced that the latest in the long running side-scrolling beat-'em-up series will be coming to 3DS systems across North America in the near future.

Most players will be familiar with the franchise from the classic beat-'em-up River City Ransom for the NES and its update that released on Game Boy Advance. The series has spun off numerous times in Japan to include additional entries, fighting games, and even volleyball titles. This latest entry comes as part of the 30th anniversary of River City Ransom in Japan. 

"We know there's a loyal fanbase of the River City series in North America who have been asking for more of these addictive games to play!" said Hiro Maekawa, President & CEO of Natsume. "Whether you're a longtime River City fan or new to the series, there's plenty of side-scrolling action to love."

River City: Tokyo Rumble takes place in the middle of a city-wide gang invasion. Players follow the story of Kunio, a high school student with a short fuse as he works various jobs, levels his abilities, and use punches, kicks, soccer balls, iron knuckles, and chains to free the city from the powerful gang that runs it all. There other playable characters for players to experiment with from the long history of the series, too. Tokyo Rumble also has the option to face-off against opponents in Rumble mode or even dodgeball. 

Though they haven't given a release date, River City: Tokyo Rumble will be making a playable appearance at E3 2016, June 14-16. 

• Like 1
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It's happening. All my favorite things from childhood are making me feel old. 

How did RCR become 30 years old? And of course, another reason for Ninny to make me keep my 3DS now that I no longer commute. 

Jerks. 

• Like 1

Share this comment