MythicOwl Bringing Arcade Gameplay to Trance Music in Trancelation - Gaming News - Extra Life Community Hub Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

MythicOwl Bringing Arcade Gameplay to Trance Music in Trancelation

Jack Gardner

Trancelation-970.jpg

UNTS UNTS UNTS. The beat of the music gets under your skin. UNTS UNTS UNTS. And rhythmic action seems to fit. Indie studio MythicOwl has revealed their upcoming arcade-music title Trancelation. With trance music blazing in the background, neon colors, and psychedelic shapes draped over unique-looking arcade mechanics, they are hoping to catch the attention of the criminally under-served music and rhythm gaming community. Oh, and it does all of that while attempting to teach the player new languages. 

“I love arcade games a lot – you dive into the flow, the rhythm, a kind of a trance really, which is maximized by the music and the lightning effects. And if you lose, you immediately hit 'retry' – involuntarily even,” said Piotr Korgul, Trancelation’s lead designer. “I wanted to make a game that would be enjoyable for those reasons. I’ve merged that idea with language learning, and I think no one has done something like this before – and turns out that those both elements fit together perfectly. Neon, trance, electronic music, languages… I know it sounds like a crazy idea, but who doesn’t like crazy ideas?”

The core gameplay involves moving a lightning ball by putting together words from various languages. Other game modes task players with picking up glowing dots scattered across the maps. Players will need to navigate around enemies and obstacles or face the loss of a life. To help players have a good time, MythicOwl has included bombs, shields, extra lives, and points for every correct word pairing. Trancelation might not teach you the ins and outs of an entire language, but it might just be able to teach players enough to communicate with others, which would be very cool to see!

No official release date has been announced, but Trancelation will be releasing on PC in the near future.

• Like 1
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg omg omg no really...

SIGN ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what gektek was made for! ;)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Share this comment