Sign in to follow this  

Full Throttle Remastered Revving Up for 2017 Release

Jack Gardner

FullThrottle-970.jpg

Here is a bit of news you might have missed in the deluge of information and releases: Double Fine, the developers behind Psychonauts, Headlander, and Grim Fandango Remaster, are moving forward with their plans to remake the LucasArts rock'n roll adventure title Full Throttle. Last year the studio announced plans for several games, but Full Throttle Remastered was mentioned as almost an afterthought. However, more details have been released alongside a new trailer.

Full Throttle focuses on the story of Ben, the leader of a biker gang known as the Polecats, who gets swept up into an escalating series of events involving treachery, espionage, and even murder. The game was penned by David Grossman and Tim Schafer, the founder and current head of Double Fine. Full Throttle is considered by many to be one of, if not THE, best adventure games to come out of LucasArts during their domination of the adventure game genre.

The remaster will feature overhauled art in both 2D and 3D alongside revamped audio. Much like the Grim Fandango remaster, players will be able to switch between the original and the newly polished graphics. Players will also be able to tweak the audio and UI between old and new. Double Fine plans to include a number of extras inside Full Throttle Remastered including a concept art gallery and a commentary track from Tim Schafer and others who worked on the original game (game developers/publishers, include more commentary tracks with your games - they are super interesting!).

Full Throttle Remastered is slated for a 2017 release window for PlayStation 4, PS Vita, and PC.

• Like 1
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

"...and it usually starts with whole lot of punching."

While I cannot wrap my head around click adventure games, they were all I had growing up for the most part. This was among my favs. 

Share this comment