Sign in to follow this  

Why I Do What I Do

StarkleSparkle

Article written by Ryan Juel, a third-year participant who raises funds for Gillette Children's Speciality Healthcare.

ryan.jpg

My brother David was in a nasty car crash in April of 2008. After swerving to avoid a deer, he hit a tree, whacked his head on the steering wheel and suffered traumatic brain injury.

wzYOn1H.jpg

After 4 weeks in a medically induced coma, he had to re-learn everything. He had to learn to walk, talk, eat, get dressed, everything. Things we take for granted, like opening a jug of milk or holding a hand of cards were difficult if not impossible for him after his injury.

WJaOSFH.jpg

He also spent two or three months at Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare at he recovered. It was tough, but he persevered. David managed to graduate high school with a 4.0 GPA. I owe a significant debt to Hennepin County Medical Center and Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. They literally saved his life. And this is why I do what I do.

This year I raised $1100 from my Extra Life stream. 7 3/4 hours of Dance Dance Revolution. It's a great workout, can you tell? 

Screenshot_20171112-113831.png

• Like 1
  Report Article
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.