The Extra Life Broadcasting Toolkit is Here!

LeaveIt2Beaver

Hey everyone! Just was notified that our Dropbox's public links were temporarily shut down due to high traffic (holy smokes!). We'll be moving all of the Broadcasting Toolkit items to the Downloads section of the Community Site shortly! Thanks for your patience.

Update: You can now download the Broadcasting Toolkit from the downloads area:
http://community.extra-life.org/files/category/13-broadcasting-toolkit/

Can you believe that Extra Life Game Day 2015 is just 4 days away?! It seems like just yesterday we were launching this year’s website and brainstorming what we can do to help make 2015 one for the record books. 

While you certainly don't need to stream your Game Day fun, we know some people in the Extra Life community choose to do so on services like Twitch. I want you know that we’ve heard you loud and clear about needing streaming tools. If you are planning a Game Day broadcast, we're excited to announce that the Extra Life Broadcasting Toolkit is here! Inside you will find:

Extra Life Donation Alerts
Depending on how tech savvy you are, there are a few different ways that allow you to integrate Donation Alerts into your Extra Life Broadcast. All options are 100% free and connect directly with your Extra Life account through your unique participant ID.

DonationAlerts.thumb.png.fb18e03778f3624

Miracle Story Videos & Commercial Breaks
Want to show your viewers the impact of their donations or just need to step away from your stream for a few minutes? We have tons of patient stories from families who have been treated at our hospitals, promotional videos and thank you messages you can run. The videos range from 30 seconds to 7 minutes!

playIconBlue.thumb.png.cb55453effd7cd400

Customizable Buttons for your Broadcasting Page
Personalize your Twitch profile with Extra Life themed buttons! There are dozens of pre-made buttons and even templates for you to make your own.

Buttons.thumb.png.fc50e7a0170f4679fc1f79

Stream Overlays
Not the Bob Ross of designing overlays? No worries! We’ve designed a couple different overlays that you can choose from and we’ll continually be adding more as time allows.

Overlays.thumb.png.05bb6bec854bfa27819c7

Talking Points about Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
Ever wondered how many kiddos are treated at a Children’s Miracle Network Hospital each year? How about every minute? The numbers will shock you and your viewers. Our hospitals treat every patient and their family, regardless of their injury, illness, or ability to pay!

CMN_Hospitals_2015_Info_Graphic.thumb.pn

Again, you definitely don't need to stream your Game Day fun in order to participate in Extra Life, but if you are, we hope we just made your day much easier!

For The Kids,

Mike Kinney
Team Extra Life
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

• Like 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just an FYI: You can't download the entire kit via "Download as a ZIp" option and the entire kit is over 2GB if you plan to "Save to My Dropbox". I'm forced to go through each folder and do the "Download as a Zip" option since I don't have that much space in my Dropbox account.

This is the same issue I reported with the Media Kit months back.

Share this comment

Hey everyone! Just was notified that our Dropbox's public links were temporarily shut down due to high traffic (holy smokes!). We'll be moving all of the Broadcasting Toolkit items to the Downloads section of the Community Site shortly! Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1

Share this comment

Please hurry with a repost or location where we can download this.  I need to update all my xsplit scenes ASAP and modify the ones that are custom!

• Like 2

Share this comment

@LeaveIt2Beaver and @Sapience is there a rights clearance for the music in the Boo's Story in the Commercial Breaks/Miracles stories? My stream on Twitch and YouTube this past weekend got copyright flagged for the use of the song "This is Your Life". If there isn't a rights clearance for Extra Lifers, then the video should be removed from the broadcasting kit to prevent this from happening to others.

Edited by SupeRaven
typo

Share this comment

Apparently I've been using most of this already. Didn't know this was here. Googled for the infograph. Still trying to figure out if there was a way to set a video commercial automatically. When game capture can't detect a running game. Right now it's set up to show an intermission image from a vintage theatre. Scene 2 is my ibtro outro with scrolling marquee info of what extra life is by definition. Plus the CMNH infograph. With Twitter and fb info from the EL overlay. Another marquee with our November date. Might add in the latest humble later. Still need to get viewer's.. I have worked my butt off for a unique set up with plenty of info without being cluttered and congested. Twitch.tv/djsparky85. If you can leave opinions. Its my first month streaming. Already have over 100 hours into it. 

Share this comment