Sign in to follow this  

Extra-life.org Now Accepting Canadian Currency

iambrooke_

giphy.gif

Yep. You read that right. Participants now fundraising for Children's Miracle Network hospitals and foundations in Canada can now receive donations in the Canadian currency.

How does it work?

By default, any donor who donates via credit card on www.extra-life.org and has a Canadian billing address will automatically be charged in CAD. All other transactions will be processed in USD.

What does this mean for you?
  • It means that any donations, platinum upgrades or registration fees Canadian registrants pay will be processed in CAD (assuming you're using a credit card that is registered with a billing address in Canada). 
  • It also means that any friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, strangers on the train, etc. who live in Canada and support fundraising efforts will also be charged in CAD.

To put it simply, there's no more need to worry about those tricky conversion rates!  
Cheer-from-Kyrie.gif

This upgrade to the website will make it easier for Canadian Extra Lifers to play games, heal kids. The fundraising is turn-key, when and how you play is up to you, and children's hospitals win. Every time! 

We've posted more information about this upgrade at this link. Stay tuned for more improvements to the participant and donor experience coming soon.

Edited by iambrooke_

Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I was wondering if there was any movement on making the currency exchange aspect of international donations more transparent and accurate in 2019?

Last year my canadian-based team raised what the site says is 4,400 dollars, but we know that isn't actually the true number. Some of that was donated before CAD donations were allowed, some was donated from US addresses, someone donated through applepay with a canadian addresses, and during that time 50 USD would be almost 75 CAD. So it's either a higher amount (in CAD) or a lower amount (in USD), but there is no available breakdown of the true amount raised or disbursed, which we've received some scathing commentary on from donors. 

I'm getting pushback from my team about doing extra life again because of the fact that the money is so untraceable, and I'd like to know what the timeline is for making it better. Note: this could be fixed by letting each participant choose the currency they're fundraising in, same as they choose the hospital they fundraise for, or breaking down USD and CAD (or other currencies) into separate segments of the funds-raised bar, or keeping the funds-raised true USD by doing an instant conversion to USD when the donation is made and using that number instead of the CAD one. 

Share this comment