Joshua Griffin

PAX 2017 Sign-Ups!!!!

It is that time of the year again! PAX is coming up, September 1st-4th and we need volunteers to man the Extra Life booth. We will have 8 badges each day available. The schedule will be split into first and second shifts for each day, but please feel free to volunteer for both shifts. Just let us know what shift/s you would like to volunteer for by responding on this thread. I will keep the sign-up sheets up to date as best I can. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in this thread or send me a PM and I will respond to you as quickly as I can.

Friday, September 1st

10am-2pm

1. Mike Sutton
  2. Joshua Griffin
  3. Betsy Rand
  4. Jim O'Day
  5. Kennedy O'Day
  6. Emily O'Day
  7. sydni kampfer
  8. Open

2pm-6pm

1. Mike Sutton
  2. Joshua Griffin
  3. sydni kampfer
  4. Christopher LaPierre
  5. Amara Kay
  6. Open
  7. Open
  8. Open

Saturday, September 2nd

10am-2pm

1. Joshua Griffin
  2. Shelbie Hicks
  3. Christopher Hart (OG)
  4. Jed Esposito
  5. Hannah Esposito
  6. Jake Colley
  7. Annie Colley

2pm-6pm

1. Joshua Griffin
  2. Shelbie Hicks
  3. Christopher Hart (OG)
  4. Jed Esposito
  5. Hannah Esposito
  6. Jake Colley
  7. Annie Colley

Sunday, September 3rd

10am-2pm

1. Mike Sutton
  2. Cameron Olson 
  3. Tim McLaurin
  4. Dan Garcia
  5. Kyle Kramer
  6. Ryan Tolbert
  7. Open
  8. Open

2pm-6pm

1. Mike Sutton
  2. Cameron Olson
  3. Tim McLaurin
  4. Dan Garcia
  5. Kyle Kramer
  6. Ryan Tolbert
  7. Open
  8. Open

Monday, September 4th

1. Mike Sutton
  2. Shell Adams
  3. Joshua Griffin
  4. Beatriz
  5. Dan Garcia
  6. Open
  7. Open
  8. Open

2pm-6pm

1. Mike Sutton
  2. Shell Adams
  3. Joshua Griffin
  4. Dan Garcia
  5. Juan Lumbreras
  6. Open
  7. Open
  8. Open

Hey, Joshua! I can do Monday if the spots aren't filled by the time PAX comes around! I have pleb badges though so I'd rather y'all give other volunteers priority. 👍

• Like 1

I am available all day Monday and for tear-down. :)

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

I wanted to poke my head in to first say, THANK YOU!

I know it can be a challenge to take/make the time to volunteer for these recruitment events, so all of your dedication is definitely appreciated. 

Secondly, hello! I am the new Senior Manager for Extra Life. I will be there giving support/relief when needed and will be the primary point of contact for non-local inquiries about Extra Life. 

You'll receive this information via email soon, but here it is in the meantime. 

Event & venue information

Event Website: http://west.paxsite.com/

Extra Life Booth Location: Booth N7

Event Dates & Expo Hall Hours: 

PAX West 2017 EXPO FLOOR HOURS 
Friday, September 1: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM 
Saturday, September 2: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM 
Sunday, September 3: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM 

Monday, September 4: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM 

Address: 

Washington State Convention Centre

705 Pike St,

Seattle, WA 98101

volunteer information

Directions and Parking Information: http://www.wscc.com/directions
Onsite POC: Extra Life: Lou Adducci

Badge Pickup: Contact (text preferred) Lou Adducci (phone number will come via an email next week) or your guild leader when you arrive!

Volunteer Schedule: (You should have this early next week, or reference this discussion thread)

What Will I Be Doing?

Please come prepared to share what Extra Life is, how people can participate, and sharing your “Why”. We’ll have a few things going on at the booth that you’ll be helping with:

- Recruiting: As usual, we love to get folks excited and join us for game day! We’ll have iPads available to register people for Extra Life.

- Fundraising: Raise money for Seattle Children’s by taking credit card donations (we're bringing iPads w/ swipers) or cash! (accepting cash as donation at this event is dependent upon your hospital’s regulations, I'll check in with Betsy too). Your volunteer team will receive a split of the donations after the event! (It can take 30-45 days for the donation to appear on your participant page). ##Please be sure provide us with your email address you have used to register for Extra Life to expedite this process.##

- Fundraising with Bits & Cheers: We’ve teamed up with Twitch to bring the bits & cheers experience on Affiliate and Partner pages into real life!

What are Bits & Cheers?: Cheering your favorite Twitch Affiliate or Partner streamer is a means to support what they do. It’s a virtual tip. As a follower, you purchase Bits (currency) and “cheer” them in chat while they are streaming.

This new initiative is called or will be referenced as #CHEERFORKIDS:

Is the booth visitor a Twitch Partner or Affiliate (don’t hesitate to ask them during your interaction)? Ask if they know that they can use their Twitch Channel to support their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital!

We're asking Twitch Partners and Affiliates to make the pledge to donate the proceeds from their channel's bits and cheers during the month of November to Extra Life! Their donations will go towards saving the lives of sick and injured kids in their local community!

Soon they can head to extra-life.org/cheerforkids (it will be ready by next week!) to take the pledge! We should have some flyers/cards and buttons to giveaway to current or potential Twitch Partners and Affiliates.

Who Will Be There?

You’ll be joined by the finest members of the Seattle Guild. From the Extra Life National Team, Lou Adducci will be in attendance.

What Will The Booth Look Like?

It’s a spacious 10x10 booth ;)! We will have a table and several chairs. We are bringing our large, backlit banner. We’ll also bring a bunch of swag for visitors and new registrants.

What Else Should I Expect?

Please have fun and always have a smile! :) We can’t wait to meet you / see you again and can’t thank you enough for being part of Extra Life and helping kids at your hospital! You all make a difference!

Other things:

• Need a refresher about how to talk about Extra Life? Feel free to check out the Talking Points and Elevator Speech documents to prepare.
  • Remember to wear an Extra Life shirt if you have one!
  • Bring water to stay hydrated!
  • Snacks to keep you going.
  • Take a short break if you’re feeling tired.
  • Remember, this all For The Kids.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know it's been a while since I've posted on here, or communicated with the guild, but my dedication for Extra Life is unwavered. I'll take a look at my schedule for PAX weekend, and I'll let you guys know ASAP if I am available, and what days and time slot I can help out.

• Like 1

Hey guys, there are still plenty of spots available, as shown on the schedule above.  We'd love to get this finalized as soon as possible!

Hey everyone!

I hope you are getting excited for PAX! I will see you all soon, but would LOVE it if I could get your emails, specifically the one you use for your Extra Life participant account. Be ready to share this with me as fundraising at PAX can and will affect you directly. Without this info I really cannot credit your time!

Fundraising: Raise money for Seattle Children’s by taking credit card donations (we're bringing iPads w/ swipers) or cash! (accepting cash as donation at this event is dependent upon your hospital’s regulations, I'll check in with Betsy too). Your volunteer team will receive a split of the donations after the event! (It can take 30-45 days for the donation to appear on your participant page). ##Please be sure provide us with your email address you have used to register for Extra Life to expedite this process.##

If you would direct message me your name and email address so I can begin to capture that information. 

• Like 1

Hey everyone, just a reminder to wear an Extra Life shirt if you have one. If not, no big deal, just remember that you'll be representing CMN! 

• Like 1

@Newatom360 We could use people on Friday afternoon and Monday if you're interested.

To everyone that has signed up, please email me so I have your email address and a means to contact you (stuff on the forums gets lost) at mikeallensutton@gmail.com

Please do this asap!

Just as a general note on how and where to pick up your badges, we will have them for you downstairs in the lobby, just inside the main entrance.  I will be there tomorrow at 9am to hand them out.  I'd like everyone there a little earlier than your shift starts so we have some time to exchange badges, as well as talk a little bit about the day ahead.

For those of you working the afternoon, please allow a little bit of leeway for folks to come down and exchange badges with you, as things can get a little hectic and someone may not be able to be pulled away immediately.  We'll always exchange them in the same place, down inside the main entrance.

Thanks!

@LHR Waldo @wittwitbarista @Twonny @Shattered_Enigma @Tim McLaurin II @sfequity @Jedidiah @Tunaaa

Alright guys, you're welcome to come by and help any time on Monday!  We'll have a couple extra badges so you can just let me know when you're there and I can meet you down in the lobby with badges. :)

Just poking my head in here to say THANK YOU. You all are rock stars. I appreciate your enthusiasm, thoughtfulness and feedback. We are nearly halfway through PAX, whew. 

Great work!

• Like 1