Dapper Orangutan

Adding Members to a Team

Question

I'm looking for some help in adding people to my team. They've created their accounts but my team isn't showing up for them when they search for it. I also cannot figure out how to add them to my team.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

12 answers to this question

23 hours ago, Dapper Orangutan said:

I'm looking for some help in adding people to my team. They've created their accounts but my team isn't showing up for them when they search for it. I also cannot figure out how to add them to my team.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Could you share your participant URL and your team URL so we can have closer look?

@herobyclicking I just tried to "join" when signing up and it does not find this team nor user. I tried a bunch of different combos. I'm wondering if It's a support issue. i can find the team in general search when not in the sign up process. It also cannot find it after registration and you want to "change team membership." There is also no "Join our team" button on their page so sending a link out manually from the Team Dashboard will not work. Nothing in the team creation process should have removed that button. 

I'm at a loss here. The page is setup just like my team except I have the Join our Team Button. 

• Like 1

Sounds like it may have also been marked as a 'closed' team, making it invite only and removing it from the registration dropdown.  

@Dapper Orangutan, @allthewayj, @herobyclicking ... That was it! I unchecked the box on the 'edit team page' that says 'Allow only people I invite". Should be all fixed if you want to give it another try!

On 8/16/2017 at 1:23 PM, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

Sounds like it may have also been marked as a 'closed' team, making it invite only and removing it from the registration dropdown.  

@Dapper Orangutan, @allthewayj, @herobyclicking ... That was it! I unchecked the box on the 'edit team page' that says 'Allow only people I invite". Should be all fixed if you want to give it another try!

I'm having issues with those wanting to join my team. For example @LeaveIt2Beaver my girlfriend wants to joins the guild team. When I'm in her account and click join I get to this page below each time. Pretty sure other users are getting this too. When I put her name and email it states what you see below... I think everyone is having issues joining teams in general. Also, my check box in team settings it unchecked so don't think it's a "closed" team.

Team: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=33564

GF's page: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=265230

EL.png

On 8/16/2017 at 0:14 PM, herobyclicking said:

Thanks J!

@Dapper Orangutan, could you please send an email to support@extra-life.org and include the URL for this post for their reference? 

Thanks for your patience, we'll figure it out!

I've just sent them an email. Hopefully they'll get this sorted out.

On 8/18/2017 at 1:32 AM, H2OAcidic said:

I'm having issues with those wanting to join my team. For example @LeaveIt2Beaver my girlfriend wants to joins the guild team. When I'm in her account and click join I get to this page below each time. Pretty sure other users are getting this too. When I put her name and email it states what you see below... I think everyone is having issues joining teams in general. Also, my check box in team settings it unchecked so don't think it's a "closed" team.

Team: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=33564

GF's page: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=265230

EL.png

I wasn't sure if this was answered for you yet. From your screenshot it looks like you are trying to make a new signup for her. If you go to her dashboard, you'll see on the lower right side under "Event Information" a "Change Team Membership." She or you should be able to search your team from that window. Screenshot below for reference. :) 

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

On 8/25/2017 at 7:56 PM, allthewayj said:

I wasn't sure if this was answered for you yet. From your screenshot it looks like you are trying to make a new signup for her. If you go to her dashboard, you'll see on the lower right side under "Event Information" a "Change Team Membership." She or you should be able to search your team from that window. Screenshot below for reference. :) 

Capture.PNG

Just tried it, and the team isn't showing up, but others are. Hmm?

I would send an email to support, there must be an error somewhere. Especially if you have it marked as an open team. You can contact them at support@extra-life.org. 

Similar issue here, a friend tried to join my team and his fundraising total vanished from his page so he dropped off my team.  It all came back as soon as he did that.  I'll tell him to shoot support an email, but does anyone know what might cause that?  I've been bugging him for months to try to get him to join my team and he finally did only to panic thinking he'd lost all his work this year. :(

On 10/29/2017 at 3:18 PM, Bacchanalian said:

Similar issue here, a friend tried to join my team and his fundraising total vanished from his page so he dropped off my team.  It all came back as soon as he did that.  I'll tell him to shoot support an email, but does anyone know what might cause that?  I've been bugging him for months to try to get him to join my team and he finally did only to panic thinking he'd lost all his work this year. :(

His work and efforts wouldn't be lost. There have some big changes this year to the pages so i'm sure it's just a bug. Definitely have him email support for help!