K8Morosky

#100DaysOfGaming for 2017

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone!

 

I hadn't seen anything yet this year about #100DaysOfGaming, so I figured that since we're getting close to the final 100 days before Extra Life game day, I'd start this thread to hype it up.

 

For those of you unfamiliar, #100DaysOfGaming is the brainchild of the infamous @herobyclicking. (He and @Zyaldar are responsible for getting me interested in trying it out for myself last year.) Basically, it's a fun hype-train leading up to game-day that a bunch of us Extra Lifers have indulged in in the past couple of years. I might even try to *gasp* actually do some streaming this year. Provided I can wrap my head around the fact that I can't get the overlays to work on my twitch account, my computer is getting old, I can't decide on a theme, and I never know what to say while I'm playing that might come off as remotely entertaining. All that aside though, I'm sure I'll have fun trying!

 

So the question becomes: Who's game for this year? I know I am.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, K8Morosky said:

Hey everyone!

 

I hadn't seen anything yet this year about #100DaysOfGaming, so I figured that since we're getting close to the final 100 days before Extra Life game day, I'd start this thread to hype it up.

 

For those of you unfamiliar, #100DaysOfGaming is the brainchild of the infamous @herobyclicking. (He and @Zyaldar are responsible for getting me interested in trying it out for myself last year.) Basically, it's a fun hype-train leading up to game-day that a bunch of us Extra Lifers have indulged in in the past couple of years. I might even try to *gasp* actually do some streaming this year. Provided I can wrap my head around the fact that I can't get the overlays to work on my twitch account, my computer is getting old, I can't decide on a theme, and I never know what to say while I'm playing that might come off as remotely entertaining. All that aside though, I'm sure I'll have fun trying!

 

So the question becomes: Who's game for this year? I know I am.

Woohoo!

 

This is awesome Kate. 

 

I know the usual suspects will be planning on joining the #100days effort for Extra Life starting July 26. So. Close. 

I am trying to do my best to make this happen for my own campaign, but I have gotten a little busy for some reason ;). The irony of this is not lost on me. I am excited to see and support anything I see you amazing folks do this year!
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As my streaming has gone on hiatus, I'm really not going to be participating this year ... in the traditional sense.  However, I'm working furiously on doing a Forty Days of Farming series for my YouTube page but the time requirement is pretty huge: 3-4.5 hours gameplay, 3-4 hours of editing, song selection and adding captions, plus rendering and uploading for a 10 minute time-lapse video.  I fully expect to have over 150 hours of gameplay by the time this series is complete ... on hard mode.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Explain this 100 Days of Gaming to me...We play games for 100 days leading up to the event? Is that it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be participating this year as well! Although I will be doing it a bit differently than last 2 years. I wish I had the time and effort to stream a different game each day but because life hit me in the face with a bag of bricks I will have to settle for a new goal of just streaming anything once a day for 100 days. Last year my challenge was cut short because I lost my voice for several months for those that remember but I do hope this year I can keep my voice and at least game for #100DaysOfGaming! Looking forward to July 26th!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, KelariCuddles said:

trying to figure a place i can post what game i played each day for 100 days of gaming

 

I added your role as an author and a post page. If you wanted to use the 100daysogaming site to track that I am happy host your progress!

 

I hadn't activated this previously so let me know if you need help signing in or decide to go another route!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

 

I added your role as an author and a post page. If you wanted to use the 100daysogaming site to track that I am happy host your progress!

 

I hadn't activated this previously so let me know if you need help signing in or decide to go another route!

 

Oh I would love to do that. I want to track my progress, and share my game list and why I love them and make this really fun and cool as possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KelariCuddles said:

 

Oh I would love to do that. I want to track my progress, and share my game list and why I love them and make this really fun and cool as possible.

 

You "should" be able to log in and post. Let me look further into this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, herobyclicking said:

 

You "should" be able to log in and post. Let me look further into this...

 

well to be fair i also might not know what i am doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KelariCuddles said:

 

well to be fair i also might not know what i am doing

 

Me either! What a pair! ;)

 

I'll follow up shortly

Okay @KelariCuddles,

 

Log into 100daysofgaming.com > go to "Posts" > "Add New" > add a "title" > add content to blank field below (like a blog post or forum post) > insert images, embed ect > "Publish". 

 

That should do it! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

 

Me either! What a pair! ;)

 

I'll follow up shortly

Okay @KelariCuddles,

 

Log into 100daysofgaming.com > go to "Posts" > "Add New" > add a "title" > add content to blank field below (like a blog post or forum post) > insert images, embed ect > "Publish". 

 

That should do it! 

 

 

 

yep see how to do it now. working on my post, just hoping i can figure how to insert images, feel like a cavewoman inventing the wheel here

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now