K8Morosky

#100DaysOfGaming for 2017

K8Morosky    477

Hey everyone!

I hadn't seen anything yet this year about #100DaysOfGaming, so I figured that since we're getting close to the final 100 days before Extra Life game day, I'd start this thread to hype it up.

For those of you unfamiliar, #100DaysOfGaming is the brainchild of the infamous @herobyclicking. (He and @Zyaldar are responsible for getting me interested in trying it out for myself last year.) Basically, it's a fun hype-train leading up to game-day that a bunch of us Extra Lifers have indulged in in the past couple of years. I might even try to *gasp* actually do some streaming this year. Provided I can wrap my head around the fact that I can't get the overlays to work on my twitch account, my computer is getting old, I can't decide on a theme, and I never know what to say while I'm playing that might come off as remotely entertaining. All that aside though, I'm sure I'll have fun trying!

So the question becomes: Who's game for this year? I know I am.

• Like 2

herobyclicking    1,111
45 minutes ago, K8Morosky said:

Hey everyone!

I hadn't seen anything yet this year about #100DaysOfGaming, so I figured that since we're getting close to the final 100 days before Extra Life game day, I'd start this thread to hype it up.

For those of you unfamiliar, #100DaysOfGaming is the brainchild of the infamous @herobyclicking. (He and @Zyaldar are responsible for getting me interested in trying it out for myself last year.) Basically, it's a fun hype-train leading up to game-day that a bunch of us Extra Lifers have indulged in in the past couple of years. I might even try to *gasp* actually do some streaming this year. Provided I can wrap my head around the fact that I can't get the overlays to work on my twitch account, my computer is getting old, I can't decide on a theme, and I never know what to say while I'm playing that might come off as remotely entertaining. All that aside though, I'm sure I'll have fun trying!

So the question becomes: Who's game for this year? I know I am.

Woohoo!

This is awesome Kate. 

I know the usual suspects will be planning on joining the #100days effort for Extra Life starting July 26. So. Close. 

I am trying to do my best to make this happen for my own campaign, but I have gotten a little busy for some reason ;). The irony of this is not lost on me. I am excited to see and support anything I see you amazing folks do this year!

• Like 1

Battery_H    75

As my streaming has gone on hiatus, I'm really not going to be participating this year ... in the traditional sense.  However, I'm working furiously on doing a Forty Days of Farming series for my YouTube page but the time requirement is pretty huge: 3-4.5 hours gameplay, 3-4 hours of editing, song selection and adding captions, plus rendering and uploading for a 10 minute time-lapse video.  I fully expect to have over 150 hours of gameplay by the time this series is complete ... on hard mode.

• Like 2

Mave    32

Explain this 100 Days of Gaming to me...We play games for 100 days leading up to the event? Is that it?

• Like 1

K8Morosky    477

Ah! I knew I was forgetting something. Thanks for sharing the site again!

• Like 1

Zyaldar    424

I will be participating this year as well! Although I will be doing it a bit differently than last 2 years. I wish I had the time and effort to stream a different game each day but because life hit me in the face with a bag of bricks I will have to settle for a new goal of just streaming anything once a day for 100 days. Last year my challenge was cut short because I lost my voice for several months for those that remember but I do hope this year I can keep my voice and at least game for #100DaysOfGaming! Looking forward to July 26th!

• Like 1