MrD1sturbed

MomoCon 2017 Volunteer registration

MrD1sturbed    47

logo.png

It's that time of year again!! MomoCon 2016 was one of the best recruitment events we've had in the history of the Atlanta Guild, and this year is going to be even better!! For the first time not only will we be recruiting new members at the event, but we will also be actively taking donations at the event, a much requested change from last year. 

As before, those who volunteer to work a shift (no more than 5 hours max per shift), will receive a free full 4-day badge to the event so that you can experience all the Con has to offer when you are not manning the Extra Life booth. That includes access to all areas of the event including: Gaming Hall, Expo Hall, Main and sub stages, panels, classes and much more!! The only extra cost is for lodging, meals, souvenirs, and the Final Fantasy Orchestra concert.

Another big change for this year, rather than just a table in the general organizations area, we are now part of the official MomoCon Charity Row section, complete with our own 10' x 10' booth!! We've got some great plans for the space, and I will be sharing those as we get closer to the event. 

If you are interest in volunteering, please click the link below to access the sign up sheet. Please fill in as much info as possible so we have a way to contact you during the event. Also, this is a first come first served event, and we have a limited number of passes available (16), so if you are interested you should sign up sooner rather than later! :D

I will be onsite again throughout the event, and I look forward to working with everyone. Let's make this year's event the best yet!!!

Volunteer Sign Up Page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/116mavUSrzf5VRW9iL9iam1wUSews4CzhyAIjU63Pf0o/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Hey guys!

Put in for a spot Friday night! Will there be a pre-event meeting/call of some kind to cover the details of what material or messaging we'll be focusing on?

chrisj

• Like 2

Beth    80

Thanks @Chris Johnson! Yes, the May 21 guild meeting @The Garage at 6 pm with our KontrolFreek friends will include a volunteer training session. KontrolFreek is also going to have some swag items and gaming available after we review volunteer items/passes, etc. It should be a fun night. Our guild leadership team will be posting about this meeting in the next few days.. so please stay tuned. Looking forward to seeing you at Momocon! Thank you for your continued support.

• Like 2

hiddnen    4

oh wow! this looks amazing! we just did a local con here in Knox, Marble City Comicon and it was a struggle. Attendance was down and we were right beside a political booth asking for signatures for petitions so we were getting cold sholdered all weekend. Wish we had some major events like this in town! Would love to learn some tricks from bigger guilds! 

• Like 2

JustLizzy    4

Yay! Finally able to get out and meet you guys and help out a little bit. (Not to mention my teenager is thrilled she now gets to go to Momocon!)

• Like 1

MrD1sturbed    47

Thank you everyone for your enthusiastic showing of support for our kiddos! Right now we are 3 slots short of a full schedule. I would like to keep those slots open for others to volunteer and get a chance to experience the event, so for now I am going to limit each volunteer to a single shift. If we don't get enough volunteers by May 20th, I will open up the remaining slots to existing volunteers who would like to take on a second shift. 

As @Beth said above, our May 21st Guild meeting will be used, in part, as a training seminar for what to expect when volunteering for an Extra Life event. I highly encourage those of you new to volunteering to attend. 

Once again, thank you all for the support and I'm looking forward to an amazing event at MomoCon!!

• Like 1