Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joshua Griffin

Special Teams (Please Read)

5 posts in this topic

So I am posting this information again. If you did, OR did not sign up for a special team at the guild meeting last month, please reply to this post if you would like to join one of the teams. Thanks.

The Teams:

Social Media Gurus: 

Our social media Gurus will help the guild leadership keep our social media channels up to date and full of interesting content in order to drive more people to the guilds forums, Facebook page, Twitter, and our Discord server. We would like to see new content being posted on a regular basis, video game news, guild news, etc. This content will be designed to keep conversations going on our social channels in order to keep our local EL community actively engaging with one another. If you are a social media lover and would like to help us out, here is your chance to use your skills to further our community efforts.

Events Team:

Our guild is being approached more and more often to be involved in different events. A lot of our members only see the big events that we participate in such as PAX and ECCC, but last year alone we participated in over a dozen smaller events at Microsoft stores and various other events. The guild leadership really needs help from our guild members to plan and/or staff events both big and small. We would like to have event volunteers from all over our region and especially in areas like Olympia, Seattle, and the Everette area. We already have some new events planned for this year and we know that we will be invited to attend many events this year. If you are comfortable with and interested in representing EL and our guild at small and large events, this is your opportunity to do so!

Seattle Guild Stream Team:

We are especially excited about starting our own stream team this year! We would like to have members of the guild streaming on the official Seattle Extra Life Guild stream channel on both Twitch and Beam on a weekly basis. This might take a little time to organize, but we;ll make it happen. So if you are already a streamer or if you have the gear and would like to start streaming, this is a great opportunity to represent EL and our guild while having fun playing games and interacting with our community!

If you are interested in being a part of any of the above teams, please let us know right here in this thread. If you already signed up to be a part of these teams at the meeting last month, you do not need to express interest again here on the forums....unless you want to. 

We will be providing everyone with more information about what each team will be doing as we figure it out ourselves. For now, if you are interested please let us know and we will contact you ASAP!!!!

I know you said we don't have to express interest if we already did so at the meeting, but.... SUCH EXCITE!!!!!!!

Do you all have a time line on when we are going to start organizing this stuff?

Joshua Griffin likes this

33 minutes ago, J4 said:

I know you said we don't have to express interest if we already did so at the meeting, but.... SUCH EXCITE!!!!!!!

Do you all have a time line on when we are going to start organizing this stuff?

We are trying to get everything organized asap. The first step is to find out who all is interested and to get everyone on the guilds Discord server. Discord is what we are going to use to have virtual team meetings. 

Unfortunately, someone who shall not be named.....yea it was me, misplaced the sign-up sheets that everyone filled out at the meeting. So now we are trying to get everyone to sign up again here on this thread.

J4 what team were you interested in being a part of? Was it the stream team? 

J4 likes this

Way to go Voldemort!

I'm interested in the events team and streaming.  Surprisingly, I really enjoy talking to people at the cons about extra life!

Looks like I'm redownloading discord.

Joshua Griffin likes this