hiddnen    4

So Im new VP with Extra Life Knoxville Guild and needing some insight! We had a rough year last year with state of leadership and now this year we are on fire and ready to go. But we have recently changed point of contact with our person at the hospital, 2 out of 3 of the guild leadership are "new" and the people we took over the roles for havent been involved since before august of last year.

Im really trying to take this match we have and light a forest fire with it! But I need some insight...

Whats best practice for getting ANYTHING printed from the Guild Toolkit & Multimedia Kit?  we have like one pull up 24 by 48 banner and no idea where it came from. I see all these other booths at events and have all kinds of signage and I WANT THAT!

we had a great meeting this past week and everyone is back from ELU and on fire and I want to keep it going. Feel free to dm here, tweet, or how ever you want to reach me! Any and all insight to help improve our guild, our numbers, our approach or anything will be accepted with open arms! 

Thanks! 

Bobby

K8Morosky    478

Your hospital rep should be the one who helps you with your print materials. it can be an uphill battle sometimes, but one worth fighting. I know a lot of our supplies here in Pittsburgh came from things members such as myself have purchased so we have something while we wait for the hospital's red tape. If you'd like some info on getting some cheaply made smaller posters while you negotiate the details with your hospital, I recommend checking VistaPrint when they have sales. For shirts, CustomInk is nice because it allows you to set up an order form where your members can purchase guild shirts to wear at events. Either way, if you want any other advice, feel free to pm me with any questions you might have! <3 

• Like 2

hiddnen    4

thanks @K8Morosky 

ya our long time hospital rep recently changed jobs and left the hospital after 12 years of being there. prior there was 2 people doing 3 peoples jobs and now 1 doing 3 so hes pretty booked up. i know our Prez is trying to touch base. Really wanting to get some booth stuff done and would love to get some draw string bags done for events! 

Mandie    39

I know, here in Jax, that any printing that we get done is completed by the print shop at the hospital/CMN office. 

Have you sat down to talk with the newcomers at your CMN office? I mean, seriously, take an afternoon to sit and have a good face to face meeting. When our CMN contacts changed over, we did that to see what they expect of us and vice versa. Always, always, always, keep those lines of communication free of any doubt. 

• Like 1

hiddnen    4

Hey hey! ya that was the issue is we didnt know who they would be yet because our current person was leaving and they had no idea who was replacing them. We actually had THAT meeting today...  lots of great stuff to come some super excited about it... 

• Like 2