Question

peterpham    3

Hi Extra Life Team,

I work with a lot of clients (both gaming and non-gaming). This year I've seen a lot of non-gaming brands join the scene through either direct sponsorship (Gillette, DirecTV), or direct involvement (GEICO Gaming). I have non-gaming contacts who would like to join the scene through a philanthropic approach.

Sample idea 1: Brand X promotes their product on a streamer's page. For every lead generated, the brand would donate a portion to the streamer and a portion to the charity.

Sample idea 2: Brand X does a straight donation and "buys" screen time on a stream/team.

Sample idea 3: ???

Is this allowed?

Is there a list of "top stream teams" that can be asked?

Who would I need to talk to regarding business development?

Peter

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

DJThunderstix    172

Hi @Jay and @peterphamthanks for your patience and follow up! As you know, we do not currently have an official affiliate / sponsorship program like this. It's something we've definitely discussed and hope to provide resources behind in the future. For now, this can be done on an individual level. A streamer is more than welcome to raise funds for Extra Life however they'd like. Any company that you might run across that is interested in getting involved beyond a local/individual level can reach out to us the via our Partnership Inquiry Form: https://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1105. Thank you!

• Like 2

herobyclicking    1,113
4 minutes ago, peterpham said:

Hi Extra Life Team,

I work with a lot of clients (both gaming and non-gaming). This year I've seen a lot of non-gaming brands join the scene through either direct sponsorship (Gillette, DirecTV), or direct involvement (GEICO Gaming). I have non-gaming contacts who would like to join the scene through a philanthropic approach.

Sample idea 1: Brand X promotes their product on a streamer's page. For every lead generated, the brand would donate a portion to the streamer and a portion to the charity.

Sample idea 2: Brand X does a straight donation and "buys" screen time on a stream/team.

Sample idea 3: ???

Is this allowed?

Is there a list of "top stream teams" that can be asked?

Who would I need to talk to regarding business development?

Peter

Hello Peter, 

This is probably best sent as a ticket to the team. Sorry for the trouble but please send this inquiry to support@extra-life.org. 

Thank you!

Jay    2
17 hours ago, herobyclicking said:

Hello Peter, 

This is probably best sent as a ticket to the team. Sorry for the trouble but please send this inquiry to support@extra-life.org. 

Thank you!

I think it would be prudent to share the answer here, since I'm sure a lot of people would want to know basics like:

• Which of the above ideas or other initiatives can/should be pursued in theory and which are a waste of time;
  • Whether it would require approval from Extra Life National;
  • Whether Extra Life has done this in the past;
  • Any initiatives that could/would/have been approved that enterprising Extra Lifers can use as examples
  • Like 1

herobyclicking    1,113
1 hour ago, Jay said:

I think it would be prudent to share the answer here, since I'm sure a lot of people would want to know the basics, like:

Which of the above ideas or other initiatives can be pursued in theory;

Whether it would require approval from Extra Life National;

Whether Extra Life has done in the past;

Any sort of example initiatives that could/would/have been approved in the past.

There is obviously an interest in creative means to raise money for Extra Life! Though I am sure we can appreciate that corporate sponsorship is handled through an entirely different channel. 

Inevitably business development inquiries would be sent directly to the team via support or directly to a managing position with Extra Life/CMN (which would be accomplished via a support ticket). In the mean time I am sure Liz @DJThunderstix Aponte or Michael @LeaveIt2Beaver Kinney would be able to field some of your general inquiries here.

Edited by herobyclicking
Liz is out of office!

peterpham    3

Thanks for the update, Jay and Hero.

The conversation would be private to protect the clients, I'm just trying to find out where to direct the info. I'll reach out to the support team.

Peter

• Like 1

Jay    2
On 4/7/2017 at 10:23 AM, herobyclicking said:

There is obviously an interest in creative means to raise money for Extra Life! Though I am sure we can appreciate that corporate sponsorship is handled through an entirely different channel. 

Inevitably business development inquiries would be sent directly to the team via support or directly to a managing position with Extra Life/CMN (which would be accomplished via a support ticket). In the mean time I am sure Liz @DJThunderstix Aponte or Michael @LeaveIt2Beaver Kinney would be able to field some of your general inquiries here.

Just wanted to follow up with @DJThunderstix or @LeaveIt2Beaver regarding the above thread.