Joshua Griffin

ECCC 2017!!!

So Emerald City Comic-Con is almost here!!! For those that don't know, ECCC is March 2nd-5th. I can now say with certainty that we WILL have a booth at ECCC again this year. Because of the short amount of time that we have to get ready for this con, we will not be doing 1st and 2nd shifts for this event, instead volunteers will need to be able to commit to the whole day. Also, we only have three badges for each day this year (as opposed to 4 badges that we had last year). So if you would like to volunteer, let me know on this thread. 

I will keep this post updated with available spots. 

Also...don't forget that our 2017 kick-off meeting will be Sunday, March 12th 5:30-7:00pm! That is the Sunday after ECCC. Not everyone will be able to make it to ECCC this year, but I really hope that everyone can make it out to our kick-off meeting. If you have any questions about ECCC or the kick-off meeting, please feel free to ask within this thread or send me a PM.

Thursday, March 2nd

-Joshua Griffin
-Brandon Carrillo
-Jake Colley

Friday, March 3rd

-Christopher Hart
-Shell
-Brandon Carrillo

Saturday, March 4th

-Mike Sutton
-Kristen Sharkey
-Bryan Sharkey

Sunday, March 5th

-Joshua Griffin
-Pending

-Open

• Like 2

Forgive me for being selfish but I'd gladly be okay with taking shifts for Thursday AND Friday! My email is drumstick6@gmail.com

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pumpkin said:

Forgive me for being selfish but I'd gladly be okay with taking shifts for Thursday AND Friday! My email is drumstick6@gmail.com

Whats your first and last name Pumpkin?

5 hours ago, Pumpkin said:

Its Brandon Garcia Carrillo

Sorry my username was different I forgot

Thanks Brandon. I am signing you up for just Friday initially. If no one else would like a spot on Thursday, I will be happy to give you a spot that day as well. We want to give everyone who would like to, the opportunity to join the event. The only reason that I an personally signed up for two days is that I have to be there for set up and tear down of the booth as I have most of the booth materials and will also be receiving (and returning) materials from other sources.

Oh yeah that's totally understandable, so how is this gonna work? Like am I gonna pick up the badge and meet with you at the Con?

Glad to see you got this figured out, Brandon!

Generally, one of the leadership will have badges for everyone to grab the morning of.  We'll get it figured out and let you know ahead of time though. :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Glad to see you got this figured out, Brandon!

Generally, one of the leadership will have badges for everyone to grab the morning of.  We'll get it figured out and let you know ahead of time though. :)

Thanks so much can't wait!!

• Like 1

Looks like Two people are still needed for thursday. I believe some people can step up!

• Like 1

Brandon Carrillo, I am going to slot you in for Thursday as well as Friday. We still need one more volunteer for Thursday if anyone is available. Thanks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Joshua Griffin said:

Brandon Carrillo, I am going to slot you in for Thursday as well as Friday. We still need one more volunteer for Thursday if anyone is available. Thanks.

Sounds great, what time and where should I meet you guys in the morning?

• Like 1

Day one of ECCC went pretty darn well. We got about 40 sign ups (we expected a pretty low number for a Thursday), but we made connections with some great companies that want to be involved with Extra Life this year including Funko, Paizo Publishing, and PlayLive Nation! 

We have more badges then we expected to have, so if anyone wants to volunteer for another day just let me know, we could really use someone else on Saturday and Sunday. I am looking forward to hearing how well the next few days go. Lets go gettem!!!!

• Like 1

Fantastic, guys! Way to go!

This many badges means the more people that volunteer, the more time everyone will have to explore Comic Con. If you've ever wanted to go, volunteer some time and get the opportunity to check it out! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sharkey1337 said:

So what time and where are we supposed to meet initially?

Doors open at 10am, so try to be there 15-30 minutes early. Take the main escalators to the 4th floor and just wait next to the subway...on the 4th floor, not outside the convention center. We will find out how to get badges to everyone on each day as we go.

• Like 2