K8Morosky

Counting the days until ELU 2017!

Guys! Guys! Less than two months until ELU! As I do every year I made a COUNTDOWN TO ELU 2017 Tick tock, the time draws near! Let's share our excitement!

What are you looking forward to most about ELU?

I'm so looking forward to the pin exchange, and I'm super excited that the PA champion is from Pittsburgh this year. We've met with him a few times this year and he's an awesome kid. Also dreaming about shopping and gorging on Cooke's Pies at Disney Springs.  

• Like 2

Looking forward to meeting all those kids and you guys. Last year was my first year and I'm kind of shy and reserved but now I know what to expect and what I'm getting into so it's gonna be even more awesome. 

• Like 1

I don't know what to expect at ELU... but I am sure I will figure out something. This is my first year going and I am really nervous. This will be the first time I am away from my wife and son for an extended period. I am also nervous as I will only know two people down at the event. 

But I plan on bringing some board games with me for the down times, to play a few pick up games.  Well... I think I am going to post up in this forum about bringing games down and if I really need to. LOL 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Xeserox said:

I don't know what to expect at ELU... but I am sure I will figure out something. This is my first year going and I am really nervous. This will be the first time I am away from my wife and son for an extended period. I am also nervous as I will only know two people down at the event. 

But I plan on bringing some board games with me for the down times, to play a few pick up games.  Well... I think I am going to post up in this forum about bringing games down and if I really need to. LOL 

Don't worry man! You'll leave with dozens of new friends that will feel like you've known them your entire life. Bringing board games would be a great way to break the ice!

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:41 PM, Xeserox said:

I was nervous my first year too, and I'd even dragged my husband along with me. I kind of regret keeping to myself that year. That said, I know it can be tough to break the ice, so just think of it like this: We're already friends, just not IRL yet.

This goes for you and anyone else who is a little nervous and unsure: If you don't know who to sit next to, consider this an open invitation to sit with me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, K8Morosky said:

I was nervous my first year too, and I'd even dragged my husband along with me. I kind of regret keeping to myself that year. That said, I know it can be tough to break the ice, so just think of it like this: We're already friends, just not IRL yet.

This goes for you and anyone else who is a little nervous and unsure: If you don't know who to sit next to, consider this an open invitation to sit with me.

But how will we know who you are. ;)  

I am kidding in this regard. Just thought it would be fun to put out there. 

• Like 1

Allow me to be as vague as possible then. I'll be the nerdy one. :-P

Seriously though, I'll probably have my Kaylee bag with me, and if I'm feeling REALLY nerdy, I'll be galavanting around in a white mage robe. So there. No excuses! ;)

11 hours ago, K8Morosky said:

This was the same for me. It was my first year last year and I kind of stayed to myself and wish I didn't. But @Xeserox you'll know me down there so it's a start! :)

Two weeks and six days! 

excited-baby.gif

YAY! We're all going to see each other so soon!

giphy.gif

That is all.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, indomitable_dp said:

I'M SO JEALOUS OF ALL OF YOU THAT ARE ALREADY THERE! SEE YOU IN TWO DAYS!

^ same!

• Like 2