Sign in to follow this  
Mark Lynch

Our team (CtrlAltElite) is planning something massive!

Mark Lynch    13

Hello everybody! I thought I would start off this year with welcoming all of you Twin Cities area Extra-Lifers to the new year. Our team ( Ctrl Alt Elite) is planning an awesome event for this year's marathon, as well as a bunch of mini events throughout the year. We're trying to get a head-start with planning the event. And when I say the event is going to be awesome, I mean it. I'm talking a large venue with a ton of gaming going on of all types, and I'm even working with a local camera crew to help us live stream it in the most awesome way. We're still in the early stages, so there's plenty of work to be done, all for the kids.

Our website is up (still under construction but gives some information) http://extralifetwincities.ml/ or http://teamctrlaltelite.ml or http://www.marklynch.me/extralife (all get you to the same place). It's not very mobile friendly (that's my next project). We've got organizing going on through Google Drive, and we're doing this as legit as humanly possible. All this effort will make one awesome event, and our year will make for a lot of money raised to heal kids.

So, who wants in? :cool:

baldylox    10

I've been working on something as well, but doing it solo has been hard. I Might be interested. I'll keep an eye on your site and updates.

My first year solo I nabbed ~1.5k, in 2014 My online team pulled in ~3k. This year I wanted to combine more local folks and try to double yet again!!

Mark Lynch    13
I've been working on something as well, but doing it solo has been hard. I Might be interested. I'll keep an eye on your site and updates.

My first year solo I nabbed ~1.5k, in 2014 My online team pulled in ~3k. This year I wanted to combine more local folks and try to double yet again!!

You're definitely welcome to join the fun. It's definitely too early to know what our exact plan will be but we're planning a 50 to 200 person event. If everyone takes in even $100, we'll be sitting pretty good, and we're aiming for much higher than that, plus the efforts throughout the year. I just got the go-ahead with the CMNH tax info so we can possibly get a donated venue to host the event and all kinds of other fun stuff, so we'll be pushing hard pretty soon.

Jawgoosh    10

Hi people! Finally getting around to getting this year's campaign going and would love to meet up with some local people and help in any way possible.