Jim

Web-based Team Donation Tracker - BETA

Jim    9

Hello!

We've been working on a dashboard for our team to have up on projectors, TVs, share with donors and sponsors, etc. In doing so, we decided to make it available to any team. All you have to do is go to this page and enter your Extra Life team ID: http://nerdery.life/dashboard. I've attached a screenshot of a random team that I pulled from Extra Life's homepage.

The DNS is still propagating, so you may see some weird errors from name.com, but I expect that to be resolved in 24 hours.

We are trying to be respectful of refresh rates to avoid slamming EL servers too bad, but let us know if this causes any issues and we can discuss further.

Let us know how it goes!

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 2.44.44 PM.png

• Like 6

Sean Rooney    436

This is fantastic. Only way it could be better is if the lists (team roster and recent donations) constantly scrolled and repeated so you could put this up on a screen and not have to touch it, it'd cycle through your whole roster (not just the top 18 or so) and more than whatever the last few donations are.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be using it. It looks great and shows more info at a glance than the actual team page.

Thanks so much!

• Like 1

I just wanted to say: this was AMAZING for our group! We had this on stage in between our tournaments and sponsor reel; it was SO GOOD. I loved having a spot to read off all of the donations that my team members were getting, loved the competition for people to be our top fundraisers to be on the board (people were coming by to update me on how close they were getting), just generally loved it. 

My only suggestion: the team total could be bigger (take over the whole banner at the top? :) ).

But thank you! This was exactly what my group needed and we loved it a lot.
Love from, 

binarycupcakes and Team 27427 / yegextralife   

Jim    9

Awesome! So glad people are using it, and thank you for the feedback.

Also, if you have any photos of it up at the event, please send those along too :)

Lammy    1

Thank you so much for making this! My team is doing Extra Life a week later than the official date so I hope this dashboard continues to be supported!

Jim    9

If anyone found this particularly useful last year, please message me! We'd love to follow up with you. Thanks!

On 6/29/2017 at 1:57 PM, Jim said:

If anyone found this particularly useful last year, please message me! We'd love to follow up with you. Thanks!

Hey there. Neat tool, however, my team is not found when using the ID number from the team page URL.

Jim    9

That's correct. We need to update it to work with 2017 data. We were looking for feedback as we get back into the code. I'll update here when it's working with the new data.

Thanks!

Jim    9

A quick-fix is in place so that it will now work with 2017 data. Thanks!

Thank you for such an amazing Extra Life Team tool good sirs!  Absolutely wonderful.

A donation to your team is on its way as a token of my thanks.

o/  ;)

• Like 1