kavmac

Beam Streamers?

kavmac    25

heyo everyone!

it's been a little while since I've been hanging out on the forums.. and am finally getting things all sorted out for my gameday streaming plans. which brings me to my question:

anyone streaming with Beam these days?

I know that Twitch is a sponsor, which is amazing, and others use Hitbox, but it'd also be awesome to get the Beam community active with Extra Life (or some of the Extra Life community active with Beam)! It's where I've been setting up my stream in the last few days, for a bit of a change of pace, and thought I'd see if anyone else was part of the community.

cheers!

• Like 3

MajorLinux    302
3 hours ago, kavmac said:

heyo everyone!

it's been a little while since I've been hanging out on the forums.. and am finally getting things all sorted out for my gameday streaming plans. which brings me to my question:

anyone streaming with Beam these days?

I know that Twitch is a sponsor, which is amazing, and others use Hitbox, but it'd also be awesome to get the Beam community active with Extra Life (or some of the Extra Life community active with Beam)! It's where I've been setting up my stream in the last few days, for a bit of a change of pace, and thought I'd see if anyone else was part of the community.

cheers!

I had been experimenting with Beam using Restream.io.

• Like 1

MajorLinux    302
Same I use restream and stream on both

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Do you use the chat app, to see and respond to all channels?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Shuel90    21

I have been streaming on Beam exclusively and I love it! The community is great and I feel we have a great opportunity to get Extra Life going there!

If you have any questions about streaming on Beam let me know!

I have a stream team setup for Extra Life on Beam if anyone would like to join! https://beam.pro/team/ExtraLife

• Like 2

MajorLinux    302
5 minutes ago, Shuel90 said:

I have been streaming on Beam exclusively and I love it! The community is great and I feel we have a great opportunity to get Extra Life going there!

If you have any questions about streaming on Beam let me know!

I have a stream team setup for Extra Life on Beam if anyone would like to join! https://beam.pro/team/ExtraLife

I wouldn't mind being a part of this team. Didn't see a way to join from that link, though.

Shuel90    21
7 minutes ago, MajorLinux said:

I wouldn't mind being a part of this team. Didn't see a way to join from that link, though.

It looks like there is not a way to request an invite, so anyone who wants to join let me know your beam account name and I will send the invite! I just sent one to you MajorLinux.

• Like 2

kavmac    25

I've casually reached out to Beam to see if they have any plans for this year's game day, and they don't :( it'll be nice to get Beam filled up with some Extra Life streams, though!

• Like 3

MajorLinux    302
I've casually reached out to Beam to see if they have any plans for this year's game day, and they don't  it'll be nice to get Beam filled up with some Extra Life streams, though!

Yeah, I have plans to be there.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Amy    20

I'm tempted to stream on Beam this year.  I like the community and the low delay.

• Like 1

GSkill92    3

I love the beam community. Just started the Beam Stream Team on here. Going to try and spread the charity streams. A lot of good friends are now partnered. The community is growing rapidly.

beamlogo2.png

On 9/19/2016 at 11:24 AM, MajorLinux said:

I wouldn't mind being apart of this either

On 9/19/2016 at 11:32 AM, Shuel90 said:

It looks like there is not a way to request an invite, so anyone who wants to join let me know your beam account name and I will send the invite! I just sent one to you MajorLinux.

I would also like an invite to the team as well.

Thanks!!

• Like 2

kavmac    25
On 2017-03-03 at 3:49 AM, Amy said:

I'm tempted to stream on Beam this year.  I like the community and the low delay.

We'd be happy to have you join us! The community is like no other, and that delay.. ?

4 hours ago, GSkill92 said:

I love the beam community. Just started the Beam Stream Team on here. Going to try and spread the charity streams. A lot of good friends are now partnered. The community is growing rapidly.

beamlogo2.png

I wouldn't mind being apart of this either

I would also like an invite to the team as well.

Thanks!!

If you don't hear from @Shuel90 in the next few days, let me know and I'll reach out to him and let him know you're interested in joining!

On 2017-03-03 at 4:07 PM, outcast said:

I have been using Beam since Dec. That is where I am staying. great community and great platform.

oh hai outpost! ??

• Like 1

What are the pros and cons of Beam vs. Twitch?  I've built a small followers base on Twitch, but the interface is kind of annoying on Xbox One and an update just dropped that better integrates Beam on that system.

SunSchrein    5

I've looked into Beam a bit. Anyone find any fun interactive buttons for Extra Life integration? I can think of a couple of really good idea but I have no idea how to implement them. Just trying to see if there are any cool things already built for Extra Life that would make it worth trying out Beam for a while.

kavmac    25

heya @TheLostSkeleton sorry for the delay in replying.. Beam is a different kind of world compared to Twitch. it is very much community oriented, with the streaming platform itself being known for its little to no delays (the FTL <aka faster than light> protocol is fantastic for this) and interactivity. definitely worth checking out.. you could even restream between Beam & Twitch to get a feel for it.. although the FTL protocol wouldn't be available for that.

@SunSchrein definitely take a look at the interactive 2.0 functions when they're out, and seek out @Firebottle and his interactive bot!

Viperxl007    1

@kavmac, @Shuel90.  I am also just getting spun up using Beam (our team used it to stream last years marathon but we're trying to get into a regular streaming pattern to start trying to build up an audience).  I'd love to be added to the Extra Life stream team on Beam!  You can find us there under "TeamPixelDamage".  Currently we made one account and share the login info so that way it's just one account going live from any one of us (I am pretty ignorant to streaming so interested to hear if you think that's a viable way for us to have a "team" presence on Beam).  Thanks!  Trying to get things rolling early this year :-)

• Like 1

Th3Cap3    14

I literally just signed up with Beam yesterday, so far I like it tons more than Twitch, it just seems geared more towards interacting with the community and your viewers and the interface is easy to use and lovely. Also, the FTL protocol is legit allowing real time conversations, no lag! I'm not really established on Twitch, so the switch is easy for me. I will be doing all my live streaming on Beam from now on :-)

• Like 2

Shuel90    21
On 5/3/2017 at 8:16 AM, Viperxl007 said:

@kavmac, @Shuel90.  I am also just getting spun up using Beam (our team used it to stream last years marathon but we're trying to get into a regular streaming pattern to start trying to build up an audience).  I'd love to be added to the Extra Life stream team on Beam!  You can find us there under "TeamPixelDamage".  Currently we made one account and share the login info so that way it's just one account going live from any one of us (I am pretty ignorant to streaming so interested to hear if you think that's a viable way for us to have a "team" presence on Beam).  Thanks!  Trying to get things rolling early this year :-)

@Viperxl007 You have been invited! Let me know if you have any questions! I am most available on Twitter @Shuel90

Shuel90    21
On 5/17/2017 at 11:53 AM, herobyclicking said:

Is @Scarberry on your team? She should be ;). 

I can definitely send an invite! 

I just tried Beam on a whim to show my friend who was in party one of my Fallout builds, since I heard there was way less latency on XB1 for Beam vs. Twitch...

I definitely want to be part of the Extra Life community on Beam.  Within two minutes of broadcasting, I had my first follower.  Within ten minutes of broadcasting, I had another new viewer.  I don't entirely know how people found me that fast, but that's amazing, and the publicity/fundraising potential for Extra Life seems enormous.  I mean, I can broadcast on Twitch for 90 minutes and am lucky to get one person in my chat.  This just seems way more effective for me as an XB1 player.  Also, the interface on my end is way better than the Twitch interface on XB1.