Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I Extra Life for My Brother

StarkleSparkle

Article written by Robert Sullivan, a second-year participant who plays for Janeway Children's Hospital Foundation

C9KbZKFUAAAhJS7.jpg

I am Robert Sullivan and I am 14 years old.  My little brother Steven is one of the Canadian Champion Children.

I joined Extra Life a year ago and I have been enjoying it ever since. When my brother was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia, I was devastated. Cancer spreads to everyone in the family, not just the person who has it. I also have severe anxiety so I get stressed easily and have panic attacks if I get to scared or overwhelmed.

I wanted to help raise money for kids who didn't have enough money for treatments, trips, games, and gaming consoles and one day my dad gets an email from the Janeway Children’s Hospital Foundation about Extra Life, so I joined and started streaming.

I was watching the ExtraLife4Kids channel on Twitch and asked the streamer if there was a server for Extra Lifers to play Minecraft on. She responded no, so I created one in 1.8. The server will be up 24/7 unless my computer updates or is down for maintenance. Anyone can record, livestream, play etc.

Since my brother Steven is the Champion for Newfoundland and Labrador, we were able to go to Ottawa and Florida for the Champions trip and Children’s Hospitals Week. We attended Extra Life United 2017 and I met my favorite streamer Sevadus!

I also had met another Newfoundland streamer his name is Nathan Roberts aka Noofynate. He is good friends with me and my family and we played games at Extra Life United. He is a kind and open hearted person. I want people to be just like that and most of them are! So, that is how I joined Extra Life!

Ip for the server is: ExtraLifeFactions.myserver.gs. On the server there is a shop, custom plugin, vaults and enchants!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

User Feedback

There are no comments to display.