Sign in to follow this  

Wintergatan Performs Mega Man 2 on Homemade Modulin

Jack Gardner

wintergatanmm2-970.jpg

Wintergatan made waves last year with a music video staring a handmade contraption that could be used to make music using a dizzying system of levers, instrument parts, and 2,000 marbles. The Swedish band consists of four members: Martin Molin, Evelina Hägglund, Marcus Sjöberg, and David Zandén.

The quartet works together on music and constructs art pieces/musical instruments. So far they only have one album to their name (self-titled from 2013) and their major claim to fame are those instruments. They released a second video showcasing an incredible DIY music box alongside a homemade device they have christened the modulin. 

Their latest video tackles Mega Man 2 with said modulin - a combination of violin and theramin in spectacular fashion. Check it out for yourself!

• Like 1
  Report Article
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I really wish they'd release a new album - I am curious to hear how their musical machine building has altered their sound!

• Like 1

Share this comment

Ok the MegaMan cover is definitely awesome and all, but HOLY MARBLE MACHINE, BATMAN! Thanks for introducing me to my new favorite thing. <3

Also I was looking up more info about it and stumbled across a minecraft cover. I'll just leave this here: 

Share this comment