Sign in to follow this  

Final Fantasy XII Remaster for PS4 Revealed

Jack Gardner

FFXII-12-970.jpg

It's true, a full HD remaster of Final Fantasy XII is on the way under the title Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. The remaster will be based on the Japanese re-release, Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System that came out in Japan a year after its original 2006 release.

Players should expect Zodiac Age to contain the revamped combat from the re-release, which featured twelve different job boards for players to level their characters into, rather than the single board that was available in the original release. Perhaps even more importantly, International Zodiac Job System came with the option to double running speed and a New Game + option (as well as a New Game -, in which players gained no experience). The international version also released with over 100 trial maps on which players could hunt monsters for money and items.

All of this extra goodness layered on top of what some people consider to be one of, if not THE, best Final Fantasy titles to date. 

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is slated for release sometime in 2017.

• Like 1
  Report Article
Sign in to follow this  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Here's the link I was looking for:

http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/final-fantasy-vii-remake-psx-2015-message-yoshinori-kitase

Has a 2 minute teaser trailer. Going to be released in multiple installments. Looks like they're almost identically re-mastering the original. This has been my favorite game and story since I first played it, and can't wait until this comes out. This alone would make me buy a PS4 for it.

Share this comment