Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Destiny 2 Revealed and Coming to PC This Fall

Jack Gardner

Destiny-2-Bungie-Activision-Blizzard-Twitter-offziell-Teaser-970.jpg

Destiny released back in 2014 to a lukewarm critical response and blockbuster sales. Developer Bungie managed to somewhat salvage a game they had once toted as an ongoing, decade-long project (a claim that the company denied a year after Destiny's release). Implementing many, many patches, overhauls, and DLC expansions, Destiny finally began resembling the title that had shown such critical promise running up to its release. 

Today, after a small tease earlier in the week, Bungie pulled the curtain aside and gave a glimpse at what they have planned for Destiny 2. A new enemy has emerged from the depths of space: Ghaul, leader of the Red Legion. Following a devastating attack on humanity's last city, players will be forced into the wilds of the solar system to seek anything and everything that could be used to take back the city and defeat Ghaul. The trailer shows that the sequel to Destiny will indeed be axing the Tower hub that players have come to know over the past few years - along with all of the accumulated gear -  in favor of something new. What exactly that new hub players could call home might be remains to be seen.

PC_Box_Art_ENG.jpg

After ignoring the PC market for the first entry, Destiny 2 will be coming to the computer gaming space, too. It will be interesting to see how the co-op shooter fares outside the confines of consoles. Perhaps mod support? That could be very interesting indeed. 

Destiny 2 releases September 8 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Those who pre-order will receive access to the beta period of Destiny 2 and possibly some other goodies depending on the retailer. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

User Feedback

Neato burrito. I was super interested in Destiny when it first came out, but didn't have a console to play it on. I think I might join up when this comes out. Love the setting/style

Share this comment