Announcing the Extra Life Mobile and Facebook Fundraising Apps!

LeaveIt2Beaver

Hey Extra Life Community -

We have some exciting news to share! In an effort to help make fundraising more fun, more accessible and ultimately easier, we’ve added two new applications to the Extra Life experience. Now you can fundraise through Facebook or on the go from your phone!

facebookapplogo_email.png

Extra Life Facebook App

Fundraising has never been quicker or easier than with the new Extra Life Facebook App. It installs in just a few seconds and allows you to opt-in to automatic status updates, upload Extra Life profile and cover pictures and ask your entire Facebook network for donations in just a few clicks. To start fundraising through the Extra Life Facebook App, login to to your Extra Life account, and click "Fundraise with Facebook" in the participant dashboard.

mobileapplogo_email.png

Extra Life Mobile App

Manage and share your Extra Life experience on the go with our new Extra Life mobile app. This free app lets you fundraise and connect with others through SMS, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & Email. You can update your Extra Life page and check your fundraising progress all from the palm of your hand.

Download the app here: iPhone
 Android

We’ve also spent the last couple of months improving the mobile experience on the Extra Life website so give the new apps a try. We want to hear what you think so send any feedback and ideas to community@extra-life.org or comment below and let us know!

For The Kids,

Mike Kinney

Team Extra Life

Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals

Edited by LeaveIt2Beaver

User Feedback

On 6/29/2016 at 8:33 AM, TheTolsonator said:

Shared with my guild a few weeks ago, came in handy for our local Comic Con ^_^ Thanks all!

Hey @TheTolsonator - Glad to hear the registration app came in handy for the Guild! These apps are more for the entire community and are focused on helping people fundraise. Check 'em out!

Aaron Bowen likes this

Share this comment

I dig the app, but one thing that's missing is the ability to read the messages that went with the Donations. We just get a name. So we still need to go to the website to get those.

Share this comment

19 minutes ago, LonestarF1 said:

I dig the app, but one thing that's missing is the ability to read the messages that went with the Donations. We just get a name. So we still need to go to the website to get those.

Great feedback! Will pass that along to the devs.

Share this comment

The actual extra life mobile app is seemingly inoperable on iPad, which is unfortunate as that is what I use for events as the larger screen helps with filling out registrations on the normal registration app, which works fine.

Share this comment

This is a great idea and I'd love to try it but on android it won't even boot if you're using a tablet.  As commented already, it'd be super useful to have tablet functionality to make it easier to share. 

Share this comment

@LeaveIt2Beaver So I've noticed on the mobile app and Facebook it still lists me as around $1,600 ish raised. I've signed in and out and it hasn't updated. I just broke $2,300 so a bit confused on my part. However, great apps to use in general!

Share this comment

On 8/23/2016 at 5:51 PM, H2OAcidic said:

@LeaveIt2Beaver So I've noticed on the mobile app and Facebook it still lists me as around $1,600 ish raised. I've signed in and out and it hasn't updated. I just broke $2,300 so a bit confused on my part. However, great apps to use in general!

It may take a few minutes to sync up... I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's showing the correct amount now?

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Mike

On 8/18/2016 at 10:56 AM, GameMode said:

This is a great idea and I'd love to try it but on android it won't even boot if you're using a tablet.  As commented already, it'd be super useful to have tablet functionality to make it easier to share. 

Tablet support will come to the app in 2017 if it proves to be a useful tool this year!

Share this comment

On 8/26/2016 at 1:15 AM, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

It may take a few minutes to sync up... I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's showing the correct amount now?

Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Mike

Oddly, both Facebook app and phone still list 1,600+ as my total raised. Better to give you a heads up on the bug @LeaveIt2Beaver

Share this comment

8 minutes ago, H2OAcidic said:

Oddly, both Facebook app and phone still list 1,600+ as my total raised. Better to give you a heads up on the bug @LeaveIt2Beaver

You should also consider sending a support ticket to support@extra-life.org. They will likely be able to do more and do so quickly. 

Share this comment

The app will not let me manage my scheduled post.  I have to log in to Facebook via a browers and use the FB app.  I have clicked the log in button & allowed for FB use.  Is there a step I am missing?

Share this comment

@H2OAcidic, do you have offline donations that you have added but haven't processed with Extra Life yet? I am also seeing a discrepancy between the website and what's on the app, I submitted a ticket for it and the response I got was that the app isn't counting offline donations that haven't been fully processed (sent in). May not be the case but thought I would mention it to you just in case.

The app is super helpful and the offline application is great! Thank you guys for these tools!

Share this comment

On 5/3/2017 at 2:32 PM, Th3Cap3 said:

@H2OAcidic, do you have offline donations that you have added but haven't processed with Extra Life yet? I am also seeing a discrepancy between the website and what's on the app, I submitted a ticket for it and the response I got was that the app isn't counting offline donations that haven't been fully processed (sent in). May not be the case but thought I would mention it to you just in case.

The app is super helpful and the offline application is great! Thank you guys for these tools!

Odd to me, all my donations were online. Is just mine or WV as a whole? Is it for the 2017 year or 2016? My total right now is 525.50, what does it show for you?

Share this comment

What's your donation page? I will look and see what it shows for me. It should only be showing donations collected in 2017 and it should be just ones your page specifically received. Mine is now matching since they processed mt offline donations, but that couldn't be the case for you since all your donations were online. Weird indeed

Share this comment