Win a trip to E3 2016 by designing this year's Platinum T-shirt!

LeaveIt2Beaver

570d5dff56276_2016TshirtContest.jpg.e32a

We’re kicking off the “Design our T for a trip to E3” contest for the 4th year in-a-row! The contest is simple - submit a design for the Official Extra Life 2016 Platinum T-shirt and if your design wins, you and your best bud get airfare, two nights at a nearby hotel and passes to E3 2016 as Extra Life's special guests! Here's a complete list of the perks:

• Your design will become the official T-shirt design of Extra Life 2016 and end up in the closets of thousands of Extra Lifers 
  • A free* trip to E3 2016 in Los Angeles, CA on June 14-16 for you and a friend w(includes get airfare and a two night stay in a nearby hotel), two passes to E3 2016 and some new threads featuring your design. When people ask where you got such awesome apparel you can point to your brain and wink at them
  • Your design will be inducted into the Extra Life T-shirt Hall of Fame

HOW IT WORKS

1. Register to participate in Extra Life 2016 here. Only designs of registered participants will be considered.
  2. Download and review these documents in full for submission details.
  3. Submit your design here by Friday, May 13, 2016, at 11:59 pm PST.
  4. The top designs will be selected by the Extra Life team and subject to voting by Likes on Facebook starting Monday, May 23, 2016 at 12pm PST. 
  5. Voting closes on Wednesday, May 25, 2016, at 12:00 pm PST and the design that garners the most Likes wins! The winner will be contacted and announced the same week.

QUESTIONS?

If your question is not answered within the Design Guidelines or Terms & Conditions/Official Rules documents, please leave a comment below or click here to email us.

T-shirt Contest_Required Files_Download.zip

Edited by LeaveIt2Beaver

User Feedback

30 minutes ago, Shawn Sproule said:

Does the image of Tori's signature to be included have to be completely unobstructed and/or remain in its original form?

Nope! You can use it on its own or even as a hidden easter egg inside the design!

BasedReeses likes this

Share this comment

The requirements say we can not change any colors or layout within the logos.

Since the shirt is white are we permitted to stroke (outline) white portions of the logos with black so they separate from the white (background) of the shirt?

Share this comment

20 hours ago, Teal said:

Does the limit of four colors include the two colors already in the extra life logo?

Yup, 4 colors max total!

6 hours ago, Pa Dave said:

it says 11" x 15" , does the Tshirt image need to be part or it? i assume thats just for our reference?

The t-shirt image is just for reference. If you want to submit both your design and your design on the t-shirt image, that helps us see how you want it 'placed' on the t-shirt. Good luck!

2 hours ago, SupeRaven said:

The requirements say we can not change any colors or layout within the logos.

Since the shirt is white are we permitted to stroke (outline) white portions of the logos with black so they separate from the white (background) of the shirt?

...We'll allow it. :)

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, LeaveIt2Beaver said:

Yup, 4 colors max total!

Since the shirt is white can we treat white it as negative space, and not as a color then? For example and relating to my previous question, If I stroke the all white color and used just that, it would only be one color (black), instead of it counting as white and black against the 4 color max.

Share this comment

18 hours ago, SupeRaven said:

Since the shirt is white can we treat white it as negative space, and not as a color then? For example and relating to my previous question, If I stroke the all white color and used just that, it would only be one color (black), instead of it counting as white and black against the 4 color max.

Correcto!

SupeRaven likes this

Share this comment

Where the guidelines say the design can only be on the front of the shirt, does that include the sleeves? For example, if I wanted to put text that looped around the bottom cuff of the sleeve, would that be allowed? Or does the front of the shirt only reference the torso?

Thanks!

Share this comment

20 hours ago, Mokinns said:

Where the guidelines say the design can only be on the front of the shirt, does that include the sleeves? For example, if I wanted to put text that looped around the bottom cuff of the sleeve, would that be allowed? Or does the front of the shirt only reference the torso?

Thanks!

Just the torso - no sleeves! :)

Mokinns likes this

Share this comment

Ok after looking over the guidelines i'm still a bit confused. As far as the logo, what is this in reference to? is this the actual controller with wings or the entire extra life logo image that is included in the file that cannot be edited?

so when we submit our design it needs to be one of already included extra life logos with the colors that are already on the logo itself?

c. logos: Extra Life* and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals*.

d. Tori’s Signature.eps file** *You cannot change any colors or layout within these logos, see zip file for logos. **You can change the color of the Tori’s Signature.eps file to help keep your design within the color limit.

Share this comment

On 4/26/2016 at 8:01 PM, lurkingzombiex said:

Ok after looking over the guidelines i'm still a bit confused. As far as the logo, what is this in reference to? is this the actual controller with wings or the entire extra life logo image that is included in the file that cannot be edited?

so when we submit our design it needs to be one of already included extra life logos with the colors that are already on the logo itself?

c. logos: Extra Life* and Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals*.

d. Tori’s Signature.eps file** *You cannot change any colors or layout within these logos, see zip file for logos. **You can change the color of the Tori’s Signature.eps file to help keep your design within the color limit.

Hey @lurkingzombiex, the logo includes the controller and wings. all of that needs to remain unedited (same placement, color, etc).  Logo colors include overall colors, yup!

16 hours ago, PaulMerced said:

what is the significance of Tori’s signature and what is it's connection with Extra Life? thanks!

@PaulMerced - Tori is the young girl who became the inspiration for Extra Life! You can watch her story on your YouTube channel here: 

Sean Rooney and herobyclicking like this

Share this comment

Mike, could I get some clarification:

Y/N: Is Tori's signature REQUIRED if we are using other assets?

Y/N: If we use the Extra-Life Logo, can we change up the colors of the flying-controller and dice The one provided has them as two different colors, however I'm using the darker color  as a stroke outline color and would like the make the dice the same color as the controller.

I can send you a copy of what I have so far if you'd like to give me a "Yes this is OK" mark of approval before I move forward. Thanks!!

Share this comment

I really want to do this, but my graphic design capabilities are pretty limited... I was decent with Illustrator in college, but I can't really afford to buy a copy for myself. So I guess the question is, if I were to submit a rudimentary design in that I made in Publisher, would I even stand a chance against the pros here?

Share this comment

Guidelines say 600ppi minimum but the supplied PNG is 300ppi at 2417x2471.  Should I use it as-is or does it need to be changed to 600ppi?

Share this comment

On 4/29/2016 at 4:00 PM, Klov3r said:

Y/N: If we use the Extra-Life Logo, can we change up the colors of the flying-controller and dice The one provided has them as two different colors, however I'm using the darker color  as a stroke outline color and would like the make the dice the same color as the controller.

I can send you a copy of what I have so far if you'd like to give me a "Yes this is OK" mark of approval before I move forward. Thanks!!

@Klov3r

1. Tori's signature IS required, but could be a hidden easter egg in the design if you'd like!

2. The Extra Life logo needs to remain as-is to comply with branding guidelines. Please do not change the colors or placement of the logo elements.

Hope that helps!
Mike

On 4/29/2016 at 4:00 PM, Klov3r said:

@Klov3r

1. Tori's signature IS required, but could be a hidden easter egg in the design if you'd like!

2. The Extra Life logo needs to remain as-is to comply with branding guidelines. Please do not change the colors or placement of the logo elements.

Hope that helps!
Mike

On 5/4/2016 at 5:11 AM, K8Morosky said:

I really want to do this, but my graphic design capabilities are pretty limited... I was decent with Illustrator in college, but I can't really afford to buy a copy for myself. So I guess the question is, if I were to submit a rudimentary design in that I made in Publisher, would I even stand a chance against the pros here?

Hey @K8Morosky - feel free to submit any design from any program! If it's chosen, we can work with you on getting it up to par for public vote!

19 minutes ago, MrMiyamoto said:

Guidelines say 600ppi minimum but the supplied PNG is 300ppi at 2417x2471.  Should I use it as-is or does it need to be changed to 600ppi?

Hey @MrMiyamoto - You can use the PNG as is. We'll work to get the winning design file print-ready once the winner is selected!

Share this comment

I understand that the logo needs to be included unaltered. But can we separate the Extra-Life and CMNH logos and put them on the t-shirt design in different places?

As well, is white considered a colour?

Thanks so much in advance!

Share this comment

On 5/6/2016 at 8:36 AM, bubbleheadz said:

I understand that the logo needs to be included unaltered. But can we separate the Extra-Life and CMNH logos and put them on the t-shirt design in different places?

As well, is white considered a colour?

Thanks so much in advance!

Hey @bubbleheadz - sorry for the delayed answer!

1. You can split the two logos and put them on the t-shirt in different places

2. White does not count as a color

Sean Rooney likes this

Share this comment

Guys sorry for the last minute question. You state in the rules that the logo cannot change colors. However in the ZIP file you provide an all white logo...but the shirt is white =( is there a way we can change that to a black or a grey instead of white?

Share this comment

Sorry @Kevkwok, the deadline was just a couple hours after you posted. I hope you sent something in anyhow - I'm sure a detail like the one you referenced could be figured out after the fact if your design was the clear winner otherwise.

Reading through the rules myself, and looking at the answers @LeaveIt2Beaver has provided in this thread, I think it's safe to say no, you can't change the colour of the shirt. But nobody said you couldn't use a colour as your image's background, and one person asked if they could stroke the logo to set it off - which Michael said yes to.

I have nothing to do with the contest but best of luck to everyone who entered! The shirts I've amassed through Extra Life are all amazing - can't wait to see what the design is this year!

Battery_H and LeaveIt2Beaver like this

Share this comment